Help with SRLE - LotD

Hi, I'm currently on a family holiday in Zanzibar, and have been preparing for a full on mod installation when I return home. Naturally I thought it best to research and read through everything I could to update my knowledge of the intricacies of modding, despite me not being able to put these new skills into practice.

I read through the Skyrim Revisited Guide, then the Legacy of the Dragonborn guide and pretty much grasped the gist but I have a few questions about the process of installation:

- When reading through the installation guide, I noticed for a lot of mods the author specified folders or files not to be installed, I was wondering if that means that all downloading of the mods is manual and not through the special manager button? (Also I'm not sure how to remove files or folders after a FOMOD installation)

- Also I'm not sure I grasp the integration of LotD to SRLE, the "install guide" was hard to follow on this front, and the seeming finality of the SRLE guide with all the merges lead me to be confused as to how these merges would be changed with mod updates, replacement mods and new mods specified in the LotD guide.

I'm incredibly sorry if I haven't done appropriate research but I felt I could get the most help to my particular set of issues on this forum.

Thanks in advance,

crossingfingers

Edited by crossingfingers

Hi, I'm currently on a family holiday in Zanzibar, and have been preparing for a full on mod installation when I return home. Naturally I thought it best to research and read through everything I could to update my knowledge of the intricacies of modding, despite me not being able to put these new skills into practice.

I read through the Skyrim Revisited Guide, then the Legacy of the Dragonborn guide and pretty much grasped the gist but I have a few questions about the process of installation:

- When reading through the installation guide, I noticed for a lot of mods the author specified folders or files not to be installed, I was wondering if that means that all downloading of the mods is manual and not through the special manager button? (Also I'm not sure how to remove files or folders after a FOMOD installation)

- Also I'm not sure I grasp the integration of LotD to SRLE, the "install guide" was hard to follow on this front, and the seeming finality of the SRLE guide with all the merges lead me to be confused as to how these merges would be changed with mod updates, replacement mods and new mods specified in the LotD guide.

I'm incredibly sorry if I haven't done appropriate research but I felt I could get the most help to my particular set of issues on this forum.

Thanks in advance,

crossingfingers

Hi, welcome to the club!  Going through the SRLE (Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition) guide and the SRLE Extended LotD guide requires a lot of time and attention to detail but is so worth it in the end.  In answer to your questions:

1)  when the guide calls for a manual installation or it says to not install certain files, you can accomplish this through Mod Organizer.  When you select a mod to install, a pop-up box comes up with the name of the mod and a couple buttons that say "manual" "automatic" or "cancel".  You would select the manual button.  You then are presented with the file tree of the files in the mod with check boxes next to each folder.  You can deselect whichever files or folders that the guide says to not install.  Alternatively, you can install the mod automatically and then open up the mod folder on your hard drive and manually delete the files/folders from there.

2)  There is an integration page for SRLE LotD linked at the top of the guide.  This gives a high level overview of what mods are added, renamed, removed, merged, etc. in comparison to SRLE base.  In general, if there is a mod from SRLE base that is changed during the LotD guide, you would first rename the mod "<mod name> SRLE", untick it from the left pane of Mod Organizer, and then reinstall it as a new mod with the name "<mod name> SRLE LotD" or something similar.  The SRLE LotD guide mentions this at the top of the guide.

Hopefully this makes sense.