BSA unpacking and

Anarcho_Architect

Question

I have been following the Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition STEP mod guide and I have a couple of simple questions that i believe i already know the answer for but i need to be 100% sure about those things.

So the first question is: as i understand, every single BSA file from every mod should be extracted, right? Including Optimized Vanilla Textures by tony971 and USLEEP?

My second question is about the "Basis diagnosis plugin" and its feature "check_modorder". Neovalen is recommending to disable it and several other people on forums are also saying its a bugged feature. But also, many are saying the feature needs to be active and followed, including Tannin42. To me, the feature doesnt make any sense. Why should the order of several mods matter if they dont even have any scripts or plugin edits conflicting? Anyway, as i understand, this feature should remain disabled and totally ignored?

1 answer to this question

For the second question, check mod order is a useful feature in MO, but it's just a warning. Recommended installation order depends on a number of factors and this is only one of the factors. All the guides on the STEP site have taken this and other factors (e.g., which mod has the best textures) into account when determining the proper installation order, so for these guides the warning can safely be ignored if the feature is enabled. Neo recommends disabling it, and for his guide (and other STEP guides when recommended) it is safe to do this.