DynDOLOD in game error

TadhgEomonn

Question

Updated to the newest mod lineup (Vivid Weathers, Immersive Horses, Craftable Horse Barding). Which means that I likely made a mistake while installing new mods and removing those which were superseded.

Getting an in-game error message (after starting a new game/character): DynDOLOD cannot find/read master data from DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json.

Hoping that you could point me toward the most likely culprit.

3 answers to this question

Updated to the newest mod lineup (Vivid Weathers, Immersive Horses, Craftable Horse Barding). Which means that I likely made a mistake while installing new mods and removing those which were superseded.

Getting an in-game error message (after starting a new game/character): DynDOLOD cannot find/read master data from DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json.

The message is cause by a not-properly updated save. Load a savegame that DDL was working (no message), and follow DDL's update procedure. It's kinda tedious but it has to be followed. Hope it helps.

Did you copy over your TES5Edit output from the DynDOLOD Worlds generation? If so, did it complete without error?

Make sure you are using the latest xEdit version.

Thank you Neovalen and SkulldozeR for your suggestions.

I had saved the Worlds Output but it was still glitchy.

So, I went back and updated to the newest version of xEdit: TES5Edit v3.1.3 - 6883da3. Then added the most recent mod updates (because why not). Ran through all the final steps (LOOT, FNIS, Wrye Bash, DynDOLOD, and SUM).

Everything is working fine now.

Once again, thank you for the helpful pointers.