NOTEChanges to the live guide can occur at any time between releases, so review this changelog to see what may have changed since your 1.0.0 build date.
- FalloutNV:Animated Ingestibles installation instructions updated in line with changes introduced by version 2.1.
- Boxing Fatigue Fix and Tweaks renamed to FalloutNV:Mostly Unarmed Tweaks to reflect the name change on the Nexus.
- FalloutNV:Step CR Patch - Added Helmet Overlay 1.8.1 compatibility. In its latest release Helmet Overlay has incorporated compatibility patches for most mods listed on the Step guide. Therefore the (now) redundant patches were removed from the CR Patch v. 1.0.0.f to prevent duplicates.
- FalloutNV:Step CR Patch - Added Helmet Overlay 1.7.2 compatibility
NOTEThis is the first edition of the official FalloutNV mod-build guide, so this changelog is empty. Only post-release changes will be added post-release.
System Setup Guide
The System Setup Guide is an integral component of all Step mod-build guides and should be completed early as indicated in all mod-build guide instructions.
The changelog format has been modified to improve readability, group like-changes together, and include more information about changes made. We hope these updates will help to improve workflow when updating to a new version.
Improved Guide Workflow
The workflow of mod-build guides has been revised to both reduce page length of guide pages and to facilitate simper updating from version to version. A great deal of consideration was given to the user experience. Step's updated mod-build guides require much less off-guide navigation, because mod installation instructions now make use of collapsible elements within the 'ModGroup' tables themselves.
New 'ModGroup' Tables
Mod are grouped together based on standardized, logical categories called 'ModGroups' that maximize differentiation while minimizing conflicts. These ModGroups are the same across all game-specific mod-build guides. This improves mod list organization while also reducing the need to hide individual mod assets; thus, improving workflow and reducing the potential for user error from missed steps.
Also see the forum topic.
Step CR Patch The main conflict resolution patch is required for the intended mod build to function properly. Mods on which the CR patch depends are indicated by a vertical green bar to the left of the mod name in ModGroup tables.
Step LW Patch The Lighting & Weather conflict resolution patch is required if the optional Lighting & Weather ModGroup is installed. Mods on which the CR patch depends are indicated by a vertical red bar to the left of the mod name in ModGroup tables.
- <NOTE OR LIST GUIDE-LEVEL CHANGES>
Added | new mod added (add these mods)
Moved | mod was moved to a new ModGroup (move these mods)
Updated | mod instructions updated
Incorporated | mod is included in the Step CR Patch (remove these mods)
Dropped / Replaced | mod was removed (remove these mods)