Step patch and SMIM

Twisted_Master

Question

Am doing a new clean install of step. Including clean install of game. Have gotten to patches. It says Simm remove SIMM esp's and gives a list. I have the "SMIM-Merged-All.esp" esp. Does this need to be removed as well? Also applies to other mods patches. Do I remove "all" esp's that are on the list given under detailed instructions? Needing clearity on this before proceeding.

4 answers to this question

Isn't that what should be since I have all DLC installed. The merged all plug in aliminates the individual plug ins. These include DLC plus SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix, and wing fix. There's only 2 choices "SMIM-Merged-All.esp" or "SMIM-Merged-NoDragonborn.esp" Common since would dictate that I use the all one since I do have Dragonborn. I can't delete a fix from a ESP. And there are no other ESP's to choose from. Unzipped and looked in every folder. Doesn't SIMM need an ESP to load it's resourses or are they all vanilla replacements. If their all replacements then I guess I could delete the SIMM ESP. Which then would remove the fixes buit in to them. Using "SMIM 1-89-8655-1-89" Just a bit confused. Was I supposed to download a different version? Followed instructions from, "https://wiki.step-project.com/Static_Mesh_Improvement_Mod#Recommendations" And thanks for the quick reply.

If you check only the options shown in the recommendations, yes you end up with several ESPs instead of the merged ESP. All of these ESPs are then moved to the optional plugins in the mod properties window because they aren't needed. If you scroll to the very bottom of the page, you'll see that these plugins are redundant because the functionality comes from either the Unofficial Skyrim Patch or the STEP Patch. In most cases, all of these plugins were merged into the STEP patch so it doesn't take up quite so many plugin slots.