Can't actually go outside in Skyrim (CTD), yet I can go to Raven Rock.

InSigniaX

Question

In the starting sequence I crash whenever I use the bed to go somewhere in the main world but when I go to Raven Rock it's completely fine. In the "I want to get out of this cell" scenario I crash when I exit the door to Skyrim. I haven't installed any additional mods and I'm 99% sure I followed every instruction to the letter. 

Additionally, whenever I try to load back into those saves it crashes back to desktop right away.

Edited by InSigniaX

8 answers to this question

Is your memory patch working? Use memory blocks log to check.

Uh, bit of a stupid question, I installed Memory Blocks but I don't know where the actual log file goes, I checked where it said it would be (SKSE/Plugins) but it wasn't in there.\

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. This is what I have

logging of blocks enabled

logging max values only

Timer disabled

Block1 Block2

512MB 256MB

Alright, next question. ENB active? ENBOOST is essential.

If that's not the problem try starting a new game if using an old save. Also, as a debug step disable DynDOLOD(and it's output files) and see if problem persists on a new game just to rule out any generation errors there.

Alright, next question. ENB active? ENBOOST is essential.

If that's not the problem try starting a new game if using an old save. Also, as a debug step disable DynDOLOD(and it's output files) and see if problem persists on a new game just to rule out any generation errors there.

1. I think the ENB is active, but not too sure, there's text on top left mentioning it.

I ran with DynDOLOD unchecked and it worked (at least, choosing vanilla start worked) It was kinda weird though, it kept sayind DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like running vanilla start just works in general.

EDIT 2:I don't think my computer can actually run this, I'll just give up the guide for now and grab a few mods from it.

Edited by InSigniaX

Did you install PapyrusUtil as specified in the guide when DynDOLOD was active?

Yes. I don't think my computer is able to run the guide, thanks for helping though, when I did the vanilla start it was really laggy.

Edited by InSigniaX