HELP! MO is causing script delays!

pancakes247

Question

Hi. So recently I've discovered MO and started using it for Skyrim. Everything works wonderful with my mods. No crashes etc. But for some reason whenever I mine an ore it will take around 3 seconds to play the correct sound effect and the correct text on the upper left side of the screen. Also, the Unrelenting force shout will take a few seconds to take effect before my targets fly away. This doesn't happen when I use Nexus Mod Manager. I tried disabling all mods from MO but the problem is still there.

Is there any fix for this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.  ::):

Edited by pancakes247

4 answers to this question

I think I found the source of this problem. I installed another companion mod to compare with Inigo and it seems that Inigo itself is causing this lag.

Thank you for your replies. I will now head over to Nexus to find help.

Edited by pancakes247

Welcome to STEP.

Once the game engine is loaded and the game is under way, MO has next to no influence on the game whatsoever, so the chances it is responsible for script lag are negligible if not non-existent.

May I ask you since you say you have just found MO? Have you ensured you have installed mods in the correct manner? ie. the Data folder must be clean of ANY mods and only contain the vanilla files with all mods 'installed' into MO's environment.

Welcome to STEP.

Once the game engine is loaded and the game is under way, MO has next to no influence on the game whatsoever, so the chances it is responsible for script lag are negligible if not non-existent.

May I ask you since you say you have just found MO? Have you ensured you have installed mods in the correct manner? ie. the Data folder must be clean of ANY mods and only contain the vanilla files with all mods 'installed' into MO's environment.

Thanks for replying. ::):

Yes, I installed everything correctly. For now my game only has this mod from the Nexus, installed using MO. No mods from Steam Workshop/NMM too.

I tried disabling the mod and run Skyrim from Steam and there's no problem at all. Seems that the problem happens only when I run the mod using MO.

hmm... interesting. Is this script lag quantifiable or is it only a perception you have? Are you able to measure it just to confirm that there is a lag?

Since that mod only consists of a plugin and a BSA, the only possible problem could be in how the assets in that BSA are being accessed.

Can you do a test for me?

In MO change the setting in the right-hand pane for how archives are handled on the 'Archives' tab and do a comparison against itself. ie. Run Inigo in MO with archives managed and not managed.

As far as I can see that is the only thing that might be causing any slowdown, but as I said above, in general once the game has loaded MO has no bearing on the running of the game.