MO won't automatically log-in to nexus

danielleonyett

Question

ARGH! I've been trying to figure this out for HOURS so maybe someone here knows what's going on (and it's probably something stupid and easy)....

I've got the settings - nexus tab configured to auto log-in, proper password too. I tried clicking the "associate...links" button in case that might help.

I've tried raising and even lowering the NMM version in the settings - workarounds tab.

I've tried running the nxmhandler.exe in case that might help.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing MO.

I've tried re-installing MO and not using the advanced settings to re-direct the webcache folder.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is to see if somehow Internet Explorer is somehow at fault. Any ideas?

11 answers to this question

While all those things are somewhat related to working with Nexus in MO, there is only one place that the password is set and it is completely independent of the rest.

You can have MO set as your manager that handles links from Nexus and still not have your password working. Strangely yesterday in dealing with a user's similar issue on Nexus, I was able to disable my password and still perform many tasks that I assumed were impossible so there could be something else at work here, but I doubt it.

Back to the issue at hand. Your password is stored, as an encrypted string, in the ModOrganizer.ini. It is quite likely that you password which contains non-alphanumeric characters is messing up that encryption. I would suggest examining that before spending too much time with anything else.

Change it in Nexus to something else and then input the new password to MO and see if that fixes it.

If that works then we can place a new bug report so that feature can be fixed in future versions.

So can you explain what isn't working?

When you invoke the context menu on an installed mod, do you have the ability to set your endorsement for it or go to that mod's page or any other actions like that?

When you are on a mod's page can you download them with the 'Download with Manager' link?

OK - very weird development. I just restarted my computer, opened MO, clicked on the globe to take me to nexus, it showed me logged in to nexues. I the closed out Internet Explorer, hit the globe again in MO, and now I'm no longer logged in to nexus....

downloading works fine once I have manually logged in to nexus

Just restarted my computer, couldn't duplicate being logged in and then logged out.

So basically what is not working is that pressing the globe button in MO doesn't automatically log me in to the nexus, clicking "visit on nexus" for a mod in MO also does not log me in. I have to manually log in every time.

Ok, two things might be happening here.

Did IE offer to store your password when you go to Nexus beforehand? If so and you have changed that password you will need to inform IE what the new password is.

Secondly have you set the new password in MO? And have you checked the 'Automatically Log-in to Nexus' option?

Let's establish the easiest thing first. Make sure IE is using the new password.

Without using MO, open IE and go to the Nexus site, if it has the correct password you should be logged in. If not, rectify that situation.

Assuming that is taken care of, remove you name and password and unselect the option to log-in from MO and quit that application.

Restart it and input you name and password and check that option again and then quit and reload MO. After it starts again try those actions and see what happens.

I had the password correct both with IE and MO.

Now I'm running into an issue with nexus (that I've experienced before) where I enter in my name and password, nexus takes me to a page that says I have the wrong name or password, I enter in the same name and password and nexus shows again that I have used the wrong name or password, yet, it shows me logged in at the top left....

Ahh... well... you may have issues outside of MO's doing that are causing these issues.

Apart from contacting Nexus I suggest you clear your browser's cache and history and anything else IE specific as there is something conflicting happening here.

yeah, I did the whole delete browser history thing earlier today. After that I was having some issues with AutoComplete not remembering my name and password and I would have to manually type them in every time I'd try to log in to nexus (instead of just pressing "d" and having everything filled in for me)