Skyrim freezes after cleaning up crashing issues

inglorious89

Question

Recently I went through getting ENBoost and some other stability mods for Skyrim going to fix an issue I've been having for awhile: Skyrim CTDing every 5 minutes. Luckily for me, the CTDs have (for the most part) stopped. Unforunately, a new issue has appeared: Skyrim keeps freezing. Where is freezes is usually outside cities where there are a lot of NPCs around, although exact times are random. Sometimes when I'm running away from mobs, sometimes when I'm looting, etc. It hasn't happened in any cities, nor have there been any moments where I've almost froze. The issue improved after I installed my new 980 today, but it's still freezing more frequency than I would like. I heard the issue is related to not having enough VRAM, but with a  980 I think I have plenty (I would hope so anyway).

If you need anymore information please let me know. I've been messing around with Skyrim for way too long and I'd like to just get it working.

loadorder.txt

Edited by inglorious89

Hi just wondering if your using the latest version of SKSE? Sheson memory patch is included not sure if that will make a diff?

Should be the latest version (1.9.32.0), or at least from what I can tell by the dll file it's the latest version. I noticed that Block1 will only go to 512MB when I have SSME installed (which I previously didn't).

If you are appending these arguments to the executable in MO via the 'Binary' field you will receive this error.

Arguments such as "-forcesteamloader" need to be placed in the 'Arguments' field.

Having said that you haven't said which version of Windows you are on so maybe Win8 and above likewise have an 'Arguments' field now. Of course this is only if that error is from a desktop launched shortcut, not from one inside MO.

Edit: My stuipd brain made me say that I AM using Windows 8, even though I'm using Windows 7.

I am NOT using Windows 8 currently. As soon as I get home I'll try placing it in the correct field.

Edited by inglorious89