Skyproc Patching Error - "bad allocation"

finalforutne

Question

I just recently have been running into an error at the end of running SUM.  At the end of the patching process, Dual Sheath Redux ( or whichever skyproc patcher is run last ) reports that patching failed and allows me to continue.  I seem to be able to run the game still and play, but it bothers me as there might be instability as a result. 

Mod Organizer records the error as follows:

DEBUG (18:21:21.0428): createfile w: ....Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp -> C:GamesModOrganizermodsApocalypse Spell PackageApocalypse - The Spell Package.esp (80000000 - 3) = 00001320 (0)DEBUG (18:21:21.0429): add mod file C:GamesModOrganizeroverwriteSkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import203 - Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp.txt (SkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import203 - Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp.txt)DEBUG (18:21:23.0394): createfile w: ....Run For Your Lives.esp -> C:GamesModOrganizermodsRun For Your LivesRun For Your Lives.esp (80000000 - 3) = 00001328 (0)DEBUG (18:21:23.0395): add mod file C:GamesModOrganizeroverwriteSkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import204 - Run For Your Lives.esp.txt (SkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import204 - Run For Your Lives.esp.txt)ERROR (18:21:23.0498): failed to update mod directory: bad allocationDEBUG (18:21:23.0543): createfile w: ....Sweeping Twohanders lite.esp -> C:GamesModOrganizermodsSweeping Weapons - 2 Handed LiteSweeping Twohanders lite.esp (80000000 - 3) = 00001330 (0)DEBUG (18:21:23.0545): add mod file C:GamesModOrganizeroverwriteSkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import205 - Sweeping Twohanders lite.esp.txt (SkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import205 - Sweeping Twohanders lite.esp.txt)ERROR (18:21:23.0548): failed to update mod directory: bad allocationDEBUG (18:21:23.0574): createfile w: ....Real Clouds.esp -> C:GamesModOrganizermodsReal CloudsReal Clouds.esp (80000000 - 3) = 00001338 (0)DEBUG (18:21:23.0576): add mod file C:GamesModOrganizeroverwriteSkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import206 - Real Clouds.esp.txt (SkyProc PatchersDual Sheath Redux PatchSkyProcDebugMod Import206 - Real Clouds.esp.txt)

What can be ascertained from this report?

2 answers to this question

It didn't seem to be associated with any file in specific, as it would fail on a random patcher and set of files.  I tried to raise the patcher memory allocation to 1GB, which still ended up in one failing.  I couldn't set it any higher because Windows wouldn't allow me to - which I later found out it to be some limitation on the 32-bit java executable. I proceeded then to remove this limitation as specified here:

https://www.jaloonz.com/2008/04/enabling-large-address-aware-for-games.html

on java.exe.

Then I set it to 1.5GB allocation, which seemed to have fixed the issue.

I do have about 250 active plugins after all.

Edited by finalforutne