Text language issue (Italian/English mix)

GabrieleGallagher

Question

Hello everyone.

I spent the last two days following the whole STEP guide installing every core mod, then I started a new game and everything went fine (and great!!) except some text parts now displayed in English and not in Italian anymore.

Some of them are weapon names in the inventory (even the basic ones as iron sword that we can find at the beginning), others are armors, soul gems and various items. Sometimes places' names appears in English (for instance Warmaiden / Vergine della guerra in Whiterun) and even some subtitles pop up in English.

I assume this trouble can be caused by the number of English mods that I installed throughout the guide, so I tried to deactivate some of them and some the texts went back to Italian, depending upon which mod I deactivated.

Obviously I would not be forced to deactivate great mods in order to have Italian text, does anyone know how to solve it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Gabriele

Edited by GabrieleGallagher

4 answers to this question

Subtitles are not a problem, I could remove them and use only spoken Italian language that is done pretty well, but sorting items in different languages is annoying and makes them hard to be found in a big inventory.

Is there a way to quickly translate a mod?

Thank you once more.

Gabriele

Is there a way to quickly translate a mod?

Thank you once more.

Gabriele

Saddly no. Some translation can be done with TES5Edit, other require to open every mod in the CK.

But if you just want to keep the audio and you don't mind the text in English, just save the Skryrim - audio.bsa in some place. Then change the language to English, once done replace the Skyrim - audio.bsa with your original one. You will have the audio in your language and everything else in English.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours deactivating mods in groups of 5-10 and starting Skyrim everytime, so I located 3 mods that were the cause of the language mixture (soul gems, weapons and armos fixes, sounds of skyrim), for the 2nd one there is an ITA localization for a previous version that doesn't work too well so I turned it off for now, as well as the others. For sounds of skyrim there's an ITA version of the wilds, I'll try it.

Thank you.

Gabriele