1K or 2K Textures?

menko2

Question

Hi guys.

Im almost finished modding my game and my last step is which resolution should i use for the mods textures in the game.

I will be watching in 1920x1080 monitor. I dont know if there is a lot of diference visually between 1K or 2K textures. So my choices will be:

1K Textures= less quality but less stuttering?

2K Textures= more quality but more stuttering?

Vram and Ram are not a problem as my card has 4Gb Vram. I use a Samsung 840 Pro SSD that is fast, but the stutter...still i get some. My FPS are around 40 in exteriors with some drops-stuuter when cell loading.

If there is not much difference in quality 1K to 2K whatching in 1080p i guess will be better for less stutter.

3740QM.

GTX 680M 4GB

SSD Samsung 840 Pro

What do you think??

Depending on rig, and a properly setup system, and ENBoost you can run with almost all 2k these days with no stutter even on a 2Gb card... I can attest to that!

Seconded. At first I thought that my GTX 770 2 GB wasn't enough to run baseline STEP as it still kept on crashing and freezing.

Now, with the Mempatch 3.0/ENB combo, I can run around the entire Skyrim, using STEP Extended with full HQ options, at speedmult 500, with unflinched 60 fps (except during major cell loads), all day long, without a single crash.

Don't bash the hardware until you're absolutely sure the soft/firmware really does what it is supposed to. Which is, practically never in today's software world.