[CTD] Raven Rock Mine, at a specific point in the cave.

DatsiK96

Question

So I got STEP 2.7.7 running with literally 0 problems. It runs great! No crashes, no freezes, almost EVER.... Except... One point in the game so far...

There's a spot in Raven Rock mine, it has this... diffusion effect it looks like... Like heat rising on a dry arid surface. If I step anywhere near it, or my follower, or an NPC does, it crashes, every time...

I'm using STEP:Extended (Baseline texture sizes with only character detail at full texture size), with a couple of my own choice of mods.

I've added Alternate Start, Autosave Manager, Immersive Armors, Expanded Skyrim Presets, Ningheim Race, RaceCompatibility, ApachiiSkyHair, Windsong Skyrim Beauty Project, Better Skill and Quest Book Names, Unread Books Glow, No More Glowing Edges, Achieve That, and, Helmet Toggle - Show Hide.

Anyone have the same issue or a fix?

Also, STEP Patches is also installed.

12 answers to this question

My specs.

Operating System

• Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU

• Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 48 °C
  • Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM

• 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1000MHz (9-11-10-28)
Motherboard

• ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-DELUXE (SOCKET 1150) 23 °C
Graphics

• 3072MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 35 °C
Audio

• Realtek High Definition Audio

I use the latest MO, 1.0.12...

And thank you, EssArrBee, for the suggestion. I removed SMIM, and I had to uncheck the extended STEP patch. I redid the Dual Sheath, FNIS, and Bash patch, but it still crashed, same spot... If no one walks near that weird diffusion field thing it works... But only when someone walks there does it crash...

Any other suggestions?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Here you go, hope you can give me some pointers!

If you switch back and forward between the last two pictures, you'll see the distortion effect...

Update: So, if I interact (and by interact I mean attack it with a spell) with the field at all, it crashes.

Going in no clipping mode allows me to walk through it without any crashing. but naturally, it still crashes if I use a spell on it.

Mine works fine.. odd... guess you have some sort of missing resource in your setup.

Guess one could open the cell in the CK and then figure out what is required for that specific spot. Also check the cell in tes5edit to see what mods you have that alter it.

But before doing all that make sure it is not just a silly missing mesh or sound file etc.

It's sad... I have no idea how to really do any of that :x

If it wasn't for me trying out the Skyrim Revisited mod last week, I wouldn't have even known a single thing of what you're talking about!

Could you maybe point me in the right direction for seeing if I do have a missing mesh?

Update: STEP uses "Traps Make Noise" and it does have a script for "TrapExplosiveGas.pex" but removing the script itself does not fix the CTD. Instead, removing the entire mod itself seems to fix it... Anyone have any ideas? I'll be messing around with the mod, maybe I forgot one of the compatibility patches or something....?

Edit: Reinstalled the mod, and made sure I wasn't missing anything... Still makes it crash...