Dumb question about unfinished meta.

Razorsedge877

Question

I know its most likely a nexus issue but if I Get an unfinished meta I can delete it and the mod will still work right as long as the mod file folder is still the same size. right? I know Tannin seamed to of said it was ok but I'm just trying to ask the pros before I download a lot of mods and delete the unfin metas

3 answers to this question

I know its most likely a nexus issue but if I Get an unfinished meta I can delete it and the mod will still work right as long as the mod file folder is still the same size. right? I know Tannin seamed to of said it was ok but I'm just trying to ask the pros before I download a lot of mods and delete the unfin metas

Not a pro but have playtested with MO quite a bit since mach-april 2012. Afaik you can remove the .unfinished.meta files in the download directory. With 'query info', with creates/updates a .meta file, you can again retrieve info about a mod. Basically what you lose when installing a mod without a meta file is the category. The NexusId and Version of a mod are in the filename of downloaded zip file for a mod. Often MO can 'guess' those when looking at the filename. Unfortunately The Nexus does not enforce a certain filename convention which sometimes results in strange filenames. MO can't guess Nexusid and Version in those cases. For more info see this thread, with a comment from Tannin.

Here is an example of what I have been getting a lot of lately

RRR_3DNPC-Patch-25029-1-8

RRR_3DNPC-Patch-25029-1-8.7z

RRR_3DNPC-Patch-25029-1-8.7z.unfinished

And I just want to delete the bottom line because the mod itself seems to be ok. Sometimes I have to try downloading a mod more than half a dozen times to get it to download right without the bottom line.

I also want to say thanks Wolverine. You have offered me advise way more than just this one time plus all the other people I see you help out.

RRR_3DNPC-Patch-25029-1-8.7z.unfinished

is an unfinished download that should usually be resumable. Since in this list you already have the finished download (probably you started a second download?) you can safely delete the unfinished file.

If you have

"RRR_3DNPC-Patch-25029-1-8.7z.unfinished.meta" but no "RRR_3DNPC-Patch-25029-1-8.7z.unfinished" then that means MO failed to remove the meta file created during download. Again, it's safe to delete. The next version of MO will do that automatically.