MO Automation feature request

youtoo

Question

please add a feature to save and export my profile to a json or xml of some sort that can be imported to another mod organizer on another computer.

This would be very helpful to share Mod packs such as STEP.

1. GUI lets you import profile, set the directory with downloaded mods as well

2. can check this directory and tell you which mod are missing (mod names change with new versions sometimes)

3. can do a some simple wild card searches for suggested mods if something is missing.

4. will allow me to edit the file with new mod names in case the file name changes.

This would save a massive amount of time and allow for reuse of packs and we can add to STEP. Will have some issues, but I think it could save people a ton of time. Would be nice if we can something we can export which records files downloads since you can download from MO also. 

3 answers to this question

i mean, most parts of the profile are already transferable using the various config files found locally in each profile directory.

modlist.txt gives the install order and active/inactive status of each mod. I move this file around all the time, from one character to the next. can make edits to it as well using notepad or npp.

initweaks.ini has a few MO settings in it that can easily be transferred.

loadorder.txt is obviously your load order data. not very important since you can just rerun BOSS if you need to get thins sorted

categories.dat stores your categories, custom and default. (i.e. i have added/tweked custom categories to help organize)

this file is in the MO directory (with the .exe)

I have requested certain features on the bugtracker that would help the transfer of profile data from one to the other, but so far have not received any feedback. theese things take time and some are more difficult to accomplish than others. in the meantime, your best bet is to use the config files currently available. 

please add a feature to save and export my profile to a json or xml of some sort that can be imported to another mod organizer on another computer.

This would be very helpful to share Mod packs such as STEP.

1. GUI lets you import profile, set the directory with downloaded mods as well

2. can check this directory and tell you which mod are missing (mod names change with new versions sometimes)

3. can do a some simple wild card searches for suggested mods if something is missing.

4. will allow me to edit the file with new mod names in case the file name changes.

This would save a massive amount of time and allow for reuse of packs and we can add to STEP. Will have some issues, but I think it could save people a ton of time. Would be nice if we can something we can export which records files downloads since you can download from MO also. 

actually, the tool (for automated STEP) I'm currently working on (probably a MO-plugin later on) works similiar to your suggestions.

1. doesn't have a GUI - it's currently a simple python shell app.

2. that feature will be included (there will be a warning msgs of what files are missing)

3. (optional) will probably be part of later versions.

4. as said by michaelrw, the meta files can easily be adjusted with any text editor.

It's basically a set of scripts that'll support STEP and other packages.