Dynamic snow lod issue?

Ozin3

Question

First off, I haven't completed the guide fully yet, I stopped once I noticed what I assume is not intended. The dynamic snow texture looks very different from far away vs close up, so I guess I did something wrong along the way somewhere. (in the screens you can see the Vivid Landscapes - Rocking Stones and Mountains being used, but it behaves identically with only having the SRO textures installed)

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a pretty noticeable difference. Any ideas where the problem could lie?

Edit: I just realized that since I'm using the updated LE guide, I might have posted this in the wrong sub section, sorry about that

4 answers to this question

The location is close to the exit from intro. You can see part of Helgen in the lower right corner of the screenshots.

And yeah, it seems to have to do with how dynamic snow works. I checked the area out some more, noticed that close up the snow gathers on one side of the mountain only. I suppose this is normal behavior? Posted Image

edit: Disabling Better Dynamic Snow seemed to fix the issue. Though.. I think I might end up with playing with it anyways due to it looking so much better in most situations.

I think this issue was discussed somewhere on forums already. In on the phone so hard to locate it, but we did notice it previously.

Nevertheless, I'm also still using BDS, as it's a massive improvement, despite the issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk