Remind me how to properly install 'conflicting graphics'?

Valamyr

Question

Ive installed STEP before but it was long ago. I could swear there used to be more specific instructions regarding conflicting graphics? If not, well, that wouldnt hurt, because while I understand the general notion, I'm not certain how to proceed.

s it okay to install conflicting graphics via Mod Organizer, as long as its done in the listed order? If not, is it required to download the files and have them overwrite each other in the right order and then dump the resulting archive in the main directory? Id rather if there was a mod organizer friendly way to proceed, but I'm not sure. Part of my uncertainty is that I dunno if 'conflicting graphics' means that they conflict with stuff further down the list, or only with other mods in that sub-section. And I didnt really find any explanations.

Thanks for clearing that up. I figure, better ask now than waste a day on a broke install ;)

3 answers to this question

Yes, the entire guide is design to be installed in the order it is listed from top down, but that section specifically is really important to install that way. With MO or Wrye Bash you can install them in the correct way without having to start over.

Ah, thanks. I wasnt sure if I needed to overwrite them manually or if I could just use the organizer. Thank god (or rather whomever wrote 'em) that we at least have these programs to help us build an install :)

Just remember to place them in the correct install order so they overwrite or get overwritten by the correct mods. I don't MO, but I'm sure it can do that otherwise people wouldn't use it in place of Wrye Bash.

EDIT: Moving to troubleshooting and marked as solved.