Crash fron DynDOD "BGS water collision"

MonolithK

Question

Posted (edited)

I'm absolutely sorry if this has been covered in FAQ or anywhere else for starters! 

I've spent two long nights generating LODs constantly trying to figure out what is wrong, even if it was fruitless by my own fault I have been trying! I also struggled more at first as during learning DynDLOD I actually was under the impression I was doing the steps wrong constantly and as a result lots of information wasn't sticking and instead I was bound to a lot of trial and error before realising I seemingly had been handling things at least decently. Anyhow, onto the actual problem!

I am currently using the Skyrim Seasons series of mods Seasonal Landscapes, turn of the seasons, seasons of bruma + unfrozen etc hence my main reasons for using DyndLOD. Anyway, During my experianfe everything is seemingly going perfectly until I get in game. Skyrim seems to work perfectly, but upon my arrival to Bruma things begin to turn a little confusing. Upon entering an interior and exiting approximately two times I replicate a consistent crash to desktop issue. Now  I dialed back my load order a lot and tried quite a few things but this problem never seemed to stop, it also seemingly popped up recently out of nowhere as on my initial tests I had gotten Bruma working just fine. Anyhow, at first I deduced that "Bruma Unfrozen" was the problem as when I removed it the crash disappeared. Then I decided to rebuild my Dyndlod assets and such so I wouldn't have the missing master for "Bruma Unfrozen". However once I completed the LOD generation and such... The crash came back! This led me to spend two consecutive nights troubleshooting and trying varities with no fruit until I at least noticed one small pattern in my circumstance. Whenever the Dyndlod.esp had a missing master (it could be any as long as one was missing) the crash would seemingly resolve itself although I haven't tested prolonged play sessions with this either That was the result I arrived at and what led me to mistakenly blame "Bruma Unfrozen" initially. 

Now among my antics, I actually didn't check the LOD gen console during generation for my most recent generations, but I do recall the earliest ones that did work initially seemingly not having any errors but either way, point is at this moment I can't comment on that aspect. Anyhow, this is where my current knowledge and troubleshooting had led me to. I was hoping someone could share some insight and advice?

I apologise if I am selfish and considered to be wasting people's time, I spent a lot of time at this and I will have to start picking up the pace IRL (I may be unavailable for around a day or two) and so I wanted to share my situation in advance in hopes that when I return I could either have answers as to if I need to do more diagnosis or if I stumbled upon something unusual. Yet again, I am very sorry for wasting anyone's time.

Below I will provide a crash log that should sample this issue (I am quite confident) it is not the most recent log but it seemed to entail and consistent error to what I've been getting throughout and triggered by the same causes. I can upon return produce another log if needed.

Log:

https://pastebin.com/A7JYM0Eq

I will be unavailable for approximately a day or two (away from my computer) but I'll still have phone access so hopefully I can answer some stuff sensibly if need be!

As another note, I am using DynDLOD 3 Alpha!

Edited by MonolithK
Added crash log, extra info

5 hours ago, Ibsen23 said:

I've been experiencing an almost identical crash for a few weeks. Thank you for this great conversation. I'm going to try the DynDOLOD_SSE_low fix as soon as I can. In the meantime, Sheson, are those DLL settings specific to what you found in Monolith's logs? Also curious as to what was adjusted and why. Good luck MonolithK, and thanks sheson.

edit: ok duh, so looks like you added water1024 & 2048 to unchanged status. Basically just excluding them from lod generation?

The DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test exists so users can find and report bugs.

If you have issues, post the crash log and the DynDOLOD log and debug log as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

That is great.

I added a rule that prevents the creation of the NIF, which shouldn't happen in the first place. It should not been created in the first place, so taht will be properly addressed in the next alpha version.

Thank you so much and I greatly appreciate the time you took, I'm not very veteran with some aspects of modding I was immensely worried I wouldn't be able to keep up with xedit!

Glad to know it was just bug that can be sorted (hopefully easily) thank you so much Sheson!