Help with command lines

DUGDUG

Question

I am on GOG 1.6.659 and I have two warnings when launching TexGen or DynDOLOD

warning 1: Using save path: C:\Users\GM\Documents\My\

Warning: Could not find save path

I can see it's not searching the complete path as it cuts off at \My\ for some reason

warning 2:Using plugins list: C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim

Warning: Could not find plugin list

I know that this file path is wrong, It should be \Skyrim Special Edition\ but it wont change despite command lines. I am choosing SSE and program startup and have tried using -sse aswell

I am using the command lines:

-m:"C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\profiles\VISION 3\"

-d:"C:\GOG\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data"

-G:C:\Users\GM\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Saves

-P:C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\profiles\VISION 3   (also tried with\VISION 3\plugins.txt\

I have tried many variations of these commands and different ones with different settings and I can't solve it.

I am more concerned about the plugin path since I plan on using a fresh save anyway, still I would like to solve both issues if I can.

Here is the texgen log: https://ufile.io/payvy1ga

Edit: also I can tell the ini path is wrong but when I try to fix it with the command line, I can't open texgen I get a red error and it just says ini cannot be found. I am using bethini so it should path to the profile folder

-I:C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\profiles\VISION 3

I know this is a lot, but I am out of ideas

2 answers to this question

On 4/24/2024 at 2:30 AM, DUGDUG said:

I am on GOG 1.6.659 and I have two warnings when launching TexGen or DynDOLOD

warning 1: Using save path: C:\Users\GM\Documents\My\

Warning: Could not find save path

I can see it's not searching the complete path as it cuts off at \My\ for some reason

warning 2:Using plugins list: C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim

Warning: Could not find plugin list

I know that this file path is wrong, It should be \Skyrim Special Edition\ but it wont change despite command lines. I am choosing SSE and program startup and have tried using -sse aswell

I am using the command lines:

-m:"C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\profiles\VISION 3\"

-d:"C:\GOG\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data"

-G:C:\Users\GM\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Saves

-P:C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\profiles\VISION 3   (also tried with\VISION 3\plugins.txt\

I have tried many variations of these commands and different ones with different settings and I can't solve it.

I am more concerned about the plugin path since I plan on using a fresh save anyway, still I would like to solve both issues if I can.

Here is the texgen log: https://ufile.io/payvy1ga

Edit: also I can tell the ini path is wrong but when I try to fix it with the command line, I can't open texgen I get a red error and it just says ini cannot be found. I am using bethini so it should path to the profile folder

-I:C:\Users\GM\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\profiles\VISION 3

I know this is a lot, but I am out of ideas

Read https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG
Do not link to files or folders in mod manager profiles. Link to the files and folders used by the game.

Make sure folders end in slash \.
Make sure the paths to folders or files are enclosed in double quotes "
Do not link to MO2 profile folders. Link to the actual paths or files the game uses. This works if the commands line arguments are set correctly.

There is not need to set the save folder with -g for TexGen or DynDOLOD.

If there are still problems, copy and paste the actual line from the arguments field in MO2 without editing it.

23 hours ago, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG
Do not link to files or folders in mod manager profiles. Link to the files and folders used by the game.

Make sure folders end in slash \.
Make sure the paths to folders or files are enclosed in double quotes "
Do not link to MO2 profile folders. Link to the actual paths or files the game uses. This works if the commands line arguments are set correctly.

There is not need to set the save folder with -g for TexGen or DynDOLOD.

If there are still problems, copy and paste the actual line from the arguments field in MO2 without editing it.

Okay I believed I solved all 3 issues with your advice. Save path and plugins.txt have been found, due to improper formatting (Improper use of slashes and quotes).

Thanks for the advice.