Indoor stuttering

redfenix117

Question

I am by no means a skilled or experienced modder. I understand how to drag and drop to the directory then activate and order esm's and esp's, however thats about it. So I was looking for mods for Skyrim and a lot of users point towards STEP and GEMS. I have been following the instructions on the STEP wiki from install to textures and everything is running smoothly except 2 things: There is major stuttering when I go inside a house or inn, and everytime i pull up the map (installed quality world map Hi-res w/main roads) it i gives me this message and displays a map that looks like the paper one not the landscape. https://i.imgur.com/WTIUi3v.jpg https://i.imgur.com/UAQ57xD.jpg

And after going to bed with everything working I wake up to find that Wyre is not giving me discriptions under general or letting me edit installers any more.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free let me know I love playing this game and would appreciate any help I can get improving my TESV experience

edit: I did just notice that whenever I enter the third-person camera inside it seems to drastically reduce stuttering, but does not do away with it completely.

7 answers to this question

I am by no means a skilled or experienced modder. I understand how to drag and drop to the directory then activate and order esm's and esp's, however thats about it. So I was looking for mods for Skyrim and a lot of users point towards STEP and GEMS. I have been following the instructions on the STEP wiki from install to textures and everything is running smoothly except 2 things: There is major stuttering when I go inside a house or inn, and everytime i pull up the map (installed quality world map Hi-res w/main roads) it i gives me this message and displays a map that looks like the paper one not the landscape. https://i.imgur.com/WTIUi3v.jpg https://i.imgur.com/UAQ57xD.jpg

And after going to bed with everything working I wake up to find that Wyre is not giving me discriptions under general or letting me edit installers any more.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free let me know I love playing this game and would appreciate any help I can get improving my TESV experience

edit: I did just notice that whenever I enter the third-person camera inside it seems to drastically reduce stuttering, but does not do away with it completely.

From the two screens you attached it's clear that you have used "Classis" variant of this mod. STEP guide recommends Hi-Res Quality World Map - Main Roads.

The Classis version clearly causes a conflict with SkyUI.

As for the interior stuttering, I have no idea, sorry. Usually it's the other way around - it's the exterior locations giving you stutters, due to textures amount and size...

For the map I installed the Wyre installer file then chose the HQ map with the removed cloud cover from the wizard in Wyre then installed. Now WB doesn't show options in the general window or when I right-click and select wizard.

Would you suggest that I uninstall the wizard file and try a re-install or just install the HQ only file?

For the map I installed the Wyre installer file then chose the HQ map with the removed cloud cover from the wizard in Wyre then installed. Now WB doesn't show options in the general window or when I right-click and select wizard.

Would you suggest that I uninstall the wizard file and try a re-install or just install the HQ only file?

I'd say uninstall it and then re-download the file just to be sure.  If that doesn't work then you can always do it manually instead of using the wizard.