Sky UI and MO issues...

GraPhiXJuNkiE

Question

Just going through of some the STEP wiki installs and ran into an issue.

1) When installing SkyUI with MO a text came up saying SKSE wasn't installed even though it was (and correctly according to Gophers vid..). I said install anyway because I thought it might hafta do with MO's virtual directory magic...

2) When I access my inventory (i.e. items..) SkyUI says I have incompatible swf files...?

Mind you this is on a fresh install of Skyrim. So no previous install of SkyUI present....

Should I be installing SkyUI manually? iHUD works fine after installinf through MO..

Thanks!:confused:

6 answers to this question

AH HAAA!

Think I've solved it. Had the SkyUI .bsa activated in MO. I unchecked it started Skyrim again and zero issues! Weird...

Thanks anyway though!

Isn't the BSA required for SkyUI to work?  You can solve this problem by unpacking all your BSAs and just using the loose files, then you don't have to worry about the BSA load order.

AH HAAA!

Think I've solved it. Had the SkyUI .bsa activated in MO. I unchecked it started Skyrim again and zero issues! Weird...

Thanks anyway though!

Isn't the BSA required for SkyUI to work?  You can solve this problem by unpacking all your BSAs and just using the loose files, then you don't have to worry about the BSA load order.
I have the .esp checked and .bsa unchecked and it appeared to be working fine...

Is the unpacking of all .bsa a best practice..? (i.e. recommended)

Thanks...

Yes I always recommend unpacking all bsa's.

Under the bsa tab in MO when you right click there is an option to "extract". Can I just use that? When I first started MO there was a dialog box with option to auto extract bsa's but I told it not to and not ask again. Is that option hidden somewhere..?

Thanks for the help so far.... :cool:

Yes I always recommend unpacking all bsa's.

Under the bsa tab in MO when you right click there is an option to "extract". Can I just use that? When I first started MO there was a dialog box with option to auto extract bsa's but I told it not to and not ask again. Is that option hidden somewhere..?

Thanks for the help so far.... :cool:

Using that should work, just make sure you extract it to the right folder.  I'm not sure how to undo that specific "do not ask again" setting, but I assume it's stored in one of the INIs in the MO folder, I'd check there and toss the author a message.