Discrepency from Install Guide

Thank you for this install guide. Your willingness to walk me through each specific step to assure my modded game can run properly, as well as making sure I can run a Vanilla game at any time, makes modding the game a lot less anxiety-inducing. I am sure many others beside myself have benefited from your patience in typing out such clear instructions.

In trying to follow each step in the guide exactly, I have run into something unexpected, and maybe one instruction that is not as explicit as everything that has come before (it seems obvious, but I want to be sure).

1) After cleaning the DLC esm's, Mod Organizer has placed the cleaned files in <Mod Organizer Path>/overwrite, which you indicate it should but does not do. 

I want to check before proceeding.

Would my proper next step be to leave the cleaned files in the <Mod Organizer Path>/overwrite folder?

2) The files in <Mod Organizer Path>/overwrite/TES5Edit Backups have ".backup.<date/time>" appended to them. It seems obvious that one should remove the extra and return them to Skyrim/Data with the original name and then keep going with the guide . . . but I want to be sure that Mod Organizer's renaming the files isn't something unexpected and a result of something I did wrong in a previous step.

Thanks again for the guide.

I can't edit my post, so making a new one.

I looked at some other posts here and came to understand what is happening, and what to do.

1st: the guide tells me to rename the backups, it seems I was just too caught in anxiety to read it clearly. Sorry for suggesting the guide was not complete or explicit.

The main issue re files in the <Mod Organizer Path>/overwrite folder:

This post and this post, as well as the part of the main S.T.E.P. guide it links to, clarify the situation and show how to proceed. (naturally, I renamed overwrite to "Cleaned Vanilla ESMs" instead of "Cleaned Update ESM")