To extract or not to... the Optimized Vanilla, DG, HF, and DB textures?

Flopsy007

Question

Hi, I cannot state my gratitude for the SRLE guide enough - the thorough work done by Neovalen is extremely appreciated.

That said, following the SRLE guide:

In the "Optimizing The Bethesda Textures" section, we install the optimized textures and get asked whether to extract the bsa-archives (since we already activated the MO BSA Extractor earlier in the guide).

LATER in the guide, in the beginning of "The Dovahkiin Comes" section, a notice states: "Critically Important! The first time a mod is installed that contains .bsa file Mod Organizer will prompt to extract it. Respond [Yes] and check the box labeled "Remember Selection" to prevent future prompts."

QUESTION: is it intended that BSAs are only extracted from this point in the guide and on, or should the "optimized textures" earlier in the guide be extracted as well? I guess both scenarios will work - but what is intended and why?

3 answers to this question

Okay thx, I was just confused by the fact that the rule to unpack BSAs is not displayed in the guide untill after the first unpacking of BSAs has been done.

in case Neovalen reads this, I suggest correcting this in the guide.