Can't get TPC working! PLEASE HELP! - [SOLVED]

xvsanx

Question

I've got lush grass and most other mods in TPC, I still only see the vanilla skyrim grass and textures telling me my TPC installation isn't working

here's what I did:

downloaded most of the mods for texture combiner pack

put them in their corresponding folders properly as directed

made a rar that contains data\combned, data\optionalmods, and data\requiredmods

moved the rar to my nexus skyrim mods folder

activated the rar in nexus

the only mods i have installed are skyrim update v11, bethesda hd retexture pack, dawnguard, and hearthfire

I even tried loading without the bethesda hd retexture pack but it didn't help

texture pack combiner rar shows up as checked and activated under "mods" in nexus but it is not under the "plugins" list in nexus, so i can't change the load order at all, and it doesn't appear under skyrim's data files load order, either

i installed skyrim over again, installed nexus over again, have booted into game to get the vanilla skyrim preference files, and nothing works

i'm on windows 7 and my UAC is set to never notify, i don't know how it disable it further

PLEASE HELP! I've been trying to fix this for hours

9 answers to this question

I'm calling PEBKAC.

I had to Google that. I lol'd. I say that all the time at work.

PLEASE HELP! I've been trying to fix this for hours

You're only supposed to zip up what's inside the combined folder after you run the .bat file and that's what you install with NMM. TPC also generates a log file when it runs so you should check that for missing files. The only files that should show up in the log as missing are ones from the optional mods you chose not to use.

I'm calling PEBKAC.

I had to Google that. I lol'd. I say that all the time at work.
That's pretty good, I'll have to remember that one.

the only mods i have installed are skyrim update v11, bethesda hd retexture pack, dawnguard, and hearthfire

Might be because your probably using a pirated copy of the game, re: skyrim update v11.
Yeah... sounds pretty sketchy to me.  Also, neither we nor most of the mods on Nexus support v1.1 of the game (v1.8 is the latest).  Either find a better rip or just shell out the $40 for the game.  Unfortunately you missed a ton of sales where it was even less than that.

^ that makes no sense and has no basis, plus you don't know what kind of copy of the game I have

THANK YOU! I am not too stubborn to admit when it is an error on my part and I'm glad it was this time! I was so excited to get TPC on my skyrim and finish dawnguard, and now thanks to you I can JJ! THANK YOU!!!!

my problem was the raring as you said, on TPC nexus page it says skip to option #2 if you are going to load it into nexus, so naturally I didn't read option #1, which says "the new data folder in combined folder," whereas #2 says "the new data folder"

now I can finally add back my 50 other mods and start on dawnguard!

lush trees are working but I don't see fields of grass that I expected from the screenshots in lush grass

Actually it does have a basis.  Steam automatically updates the game (even if you tell it not to, known bug) so unless you saved a copy from about a year ago there's no way to obtain v1.1 legally.  If that's the case I have to ask... why?

Either way I highly recommend you update to v1.8, a lot of the ESP and gameplay mods aren't going to work very reliably (if at all) with v1.1 and like I said, I'm a little surprised the DLCs do.  I also suggest you find a proper mod manager (Mod Organizer or Wrye Bash) and ditch NMM. I explained in a bit more detail as to why here.

^ that makes no sense and has no basis, plus you don't know what kind of copy of the game I have

THANK YOU! I am not too stubborn to admit when it is an error on my part and I'm glad it was this time! I was so excited to get TPC on my skyrim and finish dawnguard, and now thanks to you I can JJ! THANK YOU!!!!

my problem was the raring as you said, on TPC nexus page it says skip to option #2 if you are going to load it into nexus, so naturally I didn't read option #1, which says "the new data folder in combined folder," whereas #2 says "the new data folder"

now I can finally add back my 50 other mods and start on dawnguard!

lush trees are working but I don't see fields of grass that I expected from the screenshots in lush grass

Yes I have. Skyrim update v11 is the illegal torrent release of the latest Skyrim patch, hence your using a pirated copy. 

https://www.google.se/#hl=sv&safe=off&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=skyrim+update+v11+torrent&oq=skyrim+update+v11+torrent&gs_l=hp.3...10536.11688.2.11925.8.8.0.0.0.0.91.442.8.8.0...0.0...1c.1.xocBCyAEb8A&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=758245b70cb9a0bc&bpcl=39468505&biw=1920&bih=965

*double facepalm* (for myself and the OP), and here I thought he just didn't use periods in version numbers.  Locking this thread.