TES5Editby ElminsterAU, Hlp, Zilav, Sharlikran
|Links:||ForumTES5Edit Manual FNVEdit Training Manual xEdit Cleaning Instructions|
Guide/Version-Specific Mod Recommendations
- Download xEdit and extract the archive to any desired location.
- Within the extracted folder make a copy of TES5Edit.exe.
- Rename the copy, TES5EditQC.exe.
xEdit must launch through Mod Organizer in order for it to recognize installed mods, so add TES5Edit to the list of executables by doing the following:
- Click the gears icon . This opens the Modify Executables window.
- In the Title field, type TES5Edit.
- For the Binary field, browse to the folder where xEdit was extracted and select TES5Edit.exe.
- Click the Add button. This will add xEdit to the executable list.
- Now in the Title field type, "TES5Edit - Quick Clean".
- For the Binary field, browse to the folder where xEdit was extracted and select TES5EditQC.exe.
- Click OK.
Now to run xEdit, simply select it from the drop-down menu at top right and click Run. Also, with xEdit showing next to the "Run" button, click the Shortcut drop-down and choose "Toolbar".
To clean any mods that require it, run "TES5Edit - Quick Clean". It will allow users to select the mod to clean and automatically clean it.