TES5Edit/TES5Edit Cleaning Instructions
From Step Mods | Change The Game
xEdit Mod Cleaning Instructions
- Run xEdit through Mod Organizer (if you are not using Mod Organizer, simply run it manually).
- Right-click the list of plugins and choose Select None.
- Double-click the plugin to be cleaned.
- Wait for the Background Loader: finished message in the right panel, and then right-click the plugin to be cleaned and select Apply Filter For Cleaning.
- Wait for the [Filtering done] message in the right panel, and then right-click the plugin to be cleaned and select Remove "Identical to Master" records. If the Warning! prompt pops up, click Yes, I'm absolutely sure.
- Wait for the [Removing "Identical to Master" records done] message, and then right-click the plugin being cleaned and select Undelete and Disable References.
- Wait for the [Undeleting and Disabling References done] message, and then click the [X] to exit the program
- At the prompt, make sure the cleaned plugin is checked as well as Backup Plugins and click OK.
- If using Mod Organizer, there will be an empty xEdit Backups folder in Overwrite (essentially a fake mod located at the bottom of the left pane if sorted by priority ascending) created by xEdit after cleaning. Double-click Overwrite and delete the empty folder.