WARNINGThis guide is not current! It may contain information that is incorrect or not in line with the current state of the game!
View the current changelog instead
Any changes made to the current version of the live guide.
- <NOTE OR LIST MINOR CHANGES TO GUIDE_LEVEL WORDING OR STRUCTURE>
This is the beta release of our No Man's Sky modding guide. So see the wide list of changes it includes, please see our Nexus Mods page.
Step NoMansSky Resource Files
In a desire merge changes from several mods, the Step NoMansSky Resource Files have been created. No only are several mod changes merged, but they also include a large collect of our own changes and tweaks. This is a required file for all Guide users as it's the cornerstone of the Guide.
- Slowed cloud animations.
- Increased the distance asteroids will be visible.
- Doubled the maximum approach speed for the Anomaly.
- Shorten the range that boost can be used around the Anomaly.
- Fixed not being able to build wood floors outside the base radius.
- Slowed the guidance/metric lines during warp to help reduce the potential for motion sickness and headaches.
Added | new mod added (add these mods)
Moved | mod was moved to a new ModGroup (move these mods)
Updated | mod instructions updated
Incorporated | mod is included in the Step CR Patch (remove these mods)
Dropped / Replaced | mod was removed (remove these mods)
05-Animations & Effects
06-Models & Textures
- Clean Space Origins | The reduced boost and warp "lines" from this mod helps reduce the potential for motion sickness and headaches.
07-Sounds & Music
- Dropped / Replaced
- Sensible Planetary Charts | Changes were merged with the guide's Resource Files.
11-Gameplay-AI & Combat
15-Gameplay-Skills & Perks
18-Lighting & Weather
Resource Files (aka, 20-Patches)
- Step NoMansSky Resource Files | Included the Rewards Table to merges changes from Better Base Sites and Sensible Planetary Charts, and removed files that Clean Space Origins includes.