Immersive Weapons damage glitch + Immersive Armors in-menu texture distortion

Naoko

Question

Edit: After more research and testing, I realized that the bug involving damage not updating correctly with forge-improved weapons is actually a very widespread base vanilla problem, and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with any installed mods. And, with the in-menu armor textures being distorted - this also existed in a clean unmodded vanilla install that I tried (certain leather boots/helm/armor menu textures were stretched and/or thin, for example, in exactly the same way that the ringmail armor was in the modded game). Although I don't know how to fix those (I'm surprised they weren't addressed in the Unofficial patches), at least I know they probably aren't caused by mods now, so I consider it solved. (:

Hey :)

So, I know that these mods aren't part of STEP or officially supported, but I feel like asking here because there are so many modding veterans. I hope this is appropriate to post here.

I've been enjoying Skyrim for a while now after learning how to use Mod Organizer and various utilities on a basic level (LOOT, TES5Edit, etc.), and it's surprisingly pretty stable - but I've run into two minor-ish issues with two (or possibly more) mods I have installed: Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons.

With Immersive Weapons (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27644/?), when I load a saved game, my equipped weapon will have the proper listed damage but with a green (+x) after it, indicating that if I equipped it, that much damage would be added (but it's already equipped!). When I unequip and re-equip it, the damage is corrected and there's no more green (+x damage). But basically whenever I load a game (and possibly when I do certain things ingame), the effective damage is much lower than it's supposed to be because Skyrim isn't registering the actual damage, making re-equipping it necessary.

With Immersive Armors (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/?), the in-menu textures (not the on-character ones - those are fine) for many items are distorted, including even things that supposedly aren't added or modified by it. For example with my character's Ringmail armor, in-menu the textures are almost 2-dimensional (when I rotate them, they are flat and squashed at certain angles). Yet this also is happening with things like Novice Robes, even though that's a purely vanilla item.

Screenshots of the bugs: https://www.use.com/C30Ka

I do have some mods installed that overwrite/are overwritten or possibly conflict with them (Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade (and its Immersive Weapons patch) and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade), although I think my mod load order and plugin load orders are pretty immaculate and follow the mod author's inter-compatibility instructions correctly, and I haven't encountered any crashes yet. WAFR is fully compatibl with IA, and I have IW and IA loading after them, and the WAFR+IW patch loading after that.

I was using the "sort plugins" masterlist LOOT load order at first (that was when I first noticed the bugs), so I then went and manually sorted both my mod load order and the plugin load order in MO, which (surprisingly, lol) caused no crashes or additional glitches at all, but still had the same IW equipped weapon damage bug and IA in-menu texture distortion.

Here's my Mod Organizer Plugin load order as of right now, which does run everything fine except for the above bugs:

[spoiler=Mod + Plugin load order]

Mod load order (left pane of Mod Organizer)

0 Cleaned Update ESM
1 Unofficial Skyrim Patch

2 Unmanaged: Dawnguard
3 Cleaned Dawnguard ESM (double-cleaned)
4 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
5 Unmanaged: Hearthfires
6 Cleaned Hearthfires ESM
7 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
8 Unmanaged: Dragonborn
9 Cleaned Dragonborn ESM
10 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
11 Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01
12 Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02
13 Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03
14 Unofficial High Resolution Patch
15 SKSE - Scripts (1.7.2, installed through Mod Organizer)
16 PapyrusUtil - Modders Scripting Utility Functions
17 Stable uGridsToLoad
18 Distant Decal Fix
19 Mfg Console
20 SkyUI
21 RaceMenu v3-2
22 VioLens - A Killmove Mod
23 IMAGINATOR - Visual Control Device w MCM - Beta
24 Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
25 Complete Crafting Overhaul
26 Immersive Armors
27 Immersive Weapons
28 Complete Crafting Overhaul - Hotfix
29 Statis Mesh Improvement Mod
30 Skyrim HD v1 5 FULL - Landscape
31 Skyrim HD v1 5 FULL - Towns
32 Skyrim HD v1 5 FULL - Dungeons
33 Skyrim HD v1 5 FULL - Misc
34 Enhanced Lights and FX
35 SMIM Meshes (for ELFX)
36 Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel-V3
37 True Storms - Thunder and Rain Redone v1.5
38 Skyrim Flora Overhaul Regular Edition
39 Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Dragonborn addon
40 Jaxonz Archery Util
41 Auto Unequip Ammo
42 Better Jumping 1.3
43 Pretty Jump Animations
44 RealVision ENB 279b
45 SkyTweak
46 Unmanaged: Bashed Patch, 0

LOOT load order (Plugins, right pane of Mod Organizer)

0  0 Skyrim.esm
 1  1 Update.esm
 2  2 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
 3  3 Dawnguard.esm
 4  4 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
 5  5 HearthFires.esm
 6  6 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
 7  7 Dragonborn.esm
 8  8 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
 9  9 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
10  a HighResTexturePack01.esp
11  b HighResTexturePack02.esp
12  c HighResTexturePack03.esp
13  d Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
14  e SkyUI.esp
15  f RaceMenu.esp
16 10 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
17 11 VioLens.esp
18 12 Imaginator BETA.esp
19 13 Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
20 14 Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
21 15 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
22 16 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
23 17 Immersive Weapons.esp
24 18 WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
25 19 SMIM-Merged-All.esp
26 1a EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
27 1b ELFX - Exteriors.esp
28 1c ELFX - NoBreezehome.esp
29 1d TrueStorms.esp
30 1e TrueStorms-ClimatesOfTamriel.esp
31 1f Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
32 20 SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
33 21 SFO - Dragonborn.esp
34 22 JaxonzArcheryUtil.esp
35 23 Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
36 24 SkyTweak.esp
37 25 Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
38 26 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Any suggestions would be awesome! (:

edit 2: Also, when in the smithing menu, I noticed that the weight and value sections for all gear just have a - (dash) through them, without any numerical value. And, there is no way to sort by weapon or armor (the options are greyed out), but only by accessory and crafting material. This is kind of annoying because the only option then is alphabetical order, and with the Immersive mods as well as Complete Crafting Overhaul, there are literally hundreds of items to choose from, making scrolling through them to find a specific item tedious.

Another thing is that when my character goes into the smithing animation, the bar of metal he's supposed to be working on teleports into (literally) his arm, and he holds it that way poking through his arm the whole time so it's totally out of position.

I'm not sure what causes these bugs >_<

Edited by Naoko

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet