CTD RESOLUTION CHANGE

crowe

Question

Hi Guys,

Just bought a new 27 Inch 2560 * 1440. Loaded Skyrim at old resolution of 1980 * 1080 which worked fine. I quit game and changed the resolution in the Skyrim Loader to new res. When I load game I now CTD at Start Screen. Now it crashes no matter the resolution...anyone have a solution to this.

Cheers.

4 answers to this question

The resolution is only in the skyrimprefs.ini file. It is enough to just go in there and manually alter the new resolution. If you went in through the startup setup then you most likely did some changes to your ini´s that need to be restored. However this should not prevent the game from starting up at all... a bit strange.

In case I was not clear enough. The problem is most likely that you went in through the steam launcher to alter your resolution! While you had some changes in the ini´s that are essential with your mod list... even though afaik then that should not prevent the game from starting at all. Only crash once you load a game.

In the future then it is enough to open the skyrimprefs.ini in notepad and alter the resolution in there.