Please help me understand... (Re: using Mod Organizer)

julsnice

Question

Please help me understand why when I use Mod Organizer to install/uninstall mods:

1. Why do ESPs remain in my list after I remove a mod from my install list (by right-clicking it and selecting "Remove Mod")? I installed WATER and cleaned it with TES5Edit, but when I went to remove/uninstall it the ESP is still there...

2. Why is it that when I activate (check the box next to a mod in the install list) some mods, the previously added mod's ESPs/BSAs sometimes uncheck themselves?

EXAMPLE: I installed Immersive HUD mod, then checked the box next to it in install list, then checked the iHUD ESP, then the BSA....but when I installed Interface Hard Coded Key Tweaks mod right after that, the ESP and BSA for iHUD go unchecked, and I have to re-check them.

Please please help, I'm new to modding and I've restarted modding Skyrim a few times already. 

I was just following STEP exactly as it listed but got an instant CTD on startup when doing a benchmark test after completing section 2.G (after completing 2.F it was fine though)

4 answers to this question

Thanks guys, I found the source of my CTDs: one of the ESPs was unchecked (because MO sometimes automatically puts ESPs higher on the list when installing mods and I didn't see it)

I also noticed that if you make a change to the ESP list and then click a different tab (like BSAs), when you go back to ESPs the save bar will be grayed out.

@SSL: I think you're right, gotta uncheck everything before choosing Remove Mod

Thanx again

I can't answer number one, but for the second question are you clicking on save above the esp list? After you check an esp to activate it you have to save it or else it will uncheck itself when you install the next mod.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I can't answer number one, but for the second question are you clicking on save above the esp list? After you check an esp to activate it you have to save it or else it will uncheck itself when you install the next mod.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your advice ath3nos, I'll try that now, but honestly it seems like every time I go to save it the save button is grayed out (unselectable). You'd think I be able to save it any time I want...

speaking of saving, is there a way to just save what I have up until now (since I know it works) so that I could just revert back to it if I mess up again?