Testers needed for 1.0.8

Tannin

Question

Guess I bent the rules a bit and put more into the 1.0.8 release than would be appropriate for a release candidate so it'd be great if some of you could take a look before I upload to the nexus.

Primary changes:

- This version provides a proper installer with optional features and an uninstaller

- package now contains a (minimal) python installation

- Added two more warnings: One will warn if more than 255 esp/esms are active, one will warn if esps are loaded in a different order than corresponding scripts (this should make USKP admins and users happy). The latter has an automated fix.

- esp pane will now highlight dummy esps (which aren't actually needed if the bsa is registered)

- some improvements to the nmm importer. in particular there is initial support for the 0.5 alpha, though I'm not sure it will be compatible to the final version

Plus a couple of bug fixes of course. Full changelog once I upload to nexus (ideally next week)

Link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/modorganizer/files/latest/download?source=files

Regarding the lack of an error message: This is expected because the python-proxy-plugin does work (the plugin that allows other plugins to be written in python)' date=' it's [b']the configurator plugin[/b] that has further dependencies and can't be loaded.

a little off topic but ive searched for any mention/documentation on configurator plugin and this is the only thing i can find. 

"Plugin to allow easier customization of game settings" is the GUI description.

1. Aside from the brief description in the GUI, can you tell me what the configurator does?

2. Which game settings is this referring to, there are many settings in many different locations. 

3. Is this a plugin that can be called by the user? If so, how do you use it?

4. Is python 2.7.6 sufficient or do we need 3.3.3 ?

Configurator presents all the settings from skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini in a somewhat usable way (i.e. number fields don't allow entry of text, floating number fields that have known limits have a slider for configuration) but it's still rather complicated since it displays all possible settings (grouped by category and "basic" vs "advanced" settings).

The plugin appears in tools-button on the toolbar together with the old ini editor and the nmm importer.

Python 2.7.x is required, python 3.x will not work (3.x is not backwards compatible and I chose to stick with 2.7 because it's api won't change any more and it's probably going to stay around for many years)

i see it now :facepalm:

i shouldve known to check the 'tools' menu, ive just been so used to only seeing 'INI Editor' and 'NMM Import' for the longest time, i had a lapse in common sense :D  

However, I still haven't been able to use the plugin.

Receiving Error messagebox

Plugin "Configurator" failed: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:/Apps/ModOrganizer/plugins/pyCfg.py", line 525, in display
    self.updateSettings(settings, iniFile)
  File "D:/Apps/ModOrganizer/plugins/pyCfg.py", line 480, in updateSettings
    value = int(value)
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '131072.0000'

i did notice in my MO.ini that Python%20Proxy\python_dir= does not have a directory path listed. Should i just manually input my python install directory here? (its located on my system drive, whereas MO is on a dedicated drive along with only Steam and Skyrim)

EDIT: Well, that didnt work. When i set it to "C:\Python" I receive a different error (at startup) telling me that the wrong python directory is set. It asked if I wanted to try to launch MO again, at the risk of crashing. I chose 'yes', now MO starts without the warning, configurator is enabled, python proxy is enabled, and my python directory is set to "C:\Python". However, I still receive the same error message I pasted into the Code box above.

EDIT: I just uninstalled all versions of Python and reinstalled only 2.7.6 32-bit. No luck. Still same error message above in the Code box

EDIT: So, reading that initial error, the second part of the message is saying there is an invalid literal, integer value of 131072.0000. So, I looked in my SkyrimINI and found:

iLargeIntRefCount=131072.0000

Since it says it is looking for an integer value (and the 'i' in iLargeIntRefCount indicates integer), and 131072.0000 is a float value, i removed the decimal and the proceeding zeros to change the number into an integer. Saved the INI, relaunched MO, relaunched Configurator, and now it works now. no surprise.

I don't know why that value was set to float when reference count obviously has to be an integer value. I think that value was copied from the STEP Skyrim.ini tweaks .. STEP 2.2.5 or 2.2.6 maybe, i don't see it listed anymore. Either that, or the game engine added the decimal and zeros, but I dont think it did.

Anyways, thanks? :)

• +1 1

Before going OT. Had serious RL issues, zero time this week. Last week Sunday I got MO compiled on my system. The readme is PRE python, and zlib has to be compiled in a very specific way (which is not documented), also spaces (atm) in your paths or using ++ characters in your path is a no go (some dos commands bork on that). Send me a PM if you need more info. I hope to being able to code a little tomorrow. Basically all I've done is trying to figure out how to NMM importer code works. How far along are you with SAStep? Again send me a PM.

yup, RL can be a real showstopper ;)

I've updated my mod archive (why does nexus always goes offline when I'm downloading??) yesterday. Currently I work on a small MO-plugin that checks for all files necessary for a STEP core install. pm is on the way