SkyrimLE:Texture Pack Combiner
Texture Pack Combiner
Guide/Version-Specific Mod Recommendations
No recommendations currently available.
The Texture Pack Combiner (TPC) will merge the three popular texture packs: SkyrimLE:Skyrim HD by NebuLa, SkyrimLE:Serious HD by Z4G4, SkyrimLE:Skyrim Realistic Overhaul by Starac, as well as 42 optional mods; putting them all together into a single, fully compatible and load-order free package.
This is not just some cheap copy+paste merge similar to what you get by utilizing different load orders of your mods. There is substantial work behind it. Every single texture has been hand picked after extensive testing with different texture combinations, and each texture has been measured against certain key points. More on that later. The bottom line is that this is the result of a rather gruesome, time consuming process that has required thousands of screenshots, saved games and over 200 hours of work. Basically, this file right here lets you do in 10 minutes what I did in 200 hours.
After extracting TPC (either the full of light version), you will have the combiner itself (a batch file) and two folders: Required Mods and Optional Mods. Inside these folders are folders for each mod to be combined. Unless stated otherwise, place the textures and/or meshes folders from the mod archive into the respective folder. As you extract the mods into these folders, make sure that the files placed there match with the "This folder.txt" file in each one. Below are the STEP baseline recommendations for each mod and installation notes.
- Skyrim HD: 4 files - Lite
- Insert the Dungeons, Landscape, Misc, and Towns files for whichever resolution. Don't use the BSA version.
- Serious HD: 1 file - 10242
- Do not use any update or optional files.
- Skyrim Realistic Overhaul: 4 files (high-res) or 2 files (low-res) - Low-res
- Also install the v1.5 update. Dawnguard users can also use the Dawnguard update, place them in the same folder.
- AOF Detailed Mountains: 1 file
- Do not use the 10242 version; it has a bug.
- AOF Farmhouses: 1 file
- Ash Pile: 1 file - v1
- Bellyache's Creature Pack: 1 file - Medium
- Extract the individual species folders (Bear, Chaurus, etc.) as-is from the "Packs" to the corresponding TPC folder.
- Better Dynamic Snow: 1 file
- Make sure to also include "Better Dynamic Snow.esp" alongside the "meshes" folder.
- Better Rocks & Mountains: 1 file
- Only use the "No Textures" file.
- Designs of the Nords: 1 file
- Detailed Chests: 1 file - 10242
- Either "Rich-Dirty" or "Washed-Out Dirty" is recommended.
- Enhanced Distant Terrain: 1 file - HD (10242)
- Enhanced Night Skyrim: 1 file - Medium Stars
- Do not use any of the galaxy textures.
- Food & Ingredients: 1 file - Performance Repack
- HD Linens: 1 file
- HD Miscellaneous Items: 1 file
- HD Ore and Ingots: 1 file
- Use the optional "with manager" file as it has everything TPC needs in much less space, but don't actually download it with the manager.
- HD Sacks: 1 file - Type B
- Either download the main file and only extract "Type B" or make sure to get both "Type B Big" and "Type B Small".
- High Quality LODs: 1 file - Med-res
- Only one of the "HQLODs - Meshes" files is needed.
- Milky Way Galaxy: 1 file - 20482
- HQ Skyrim Map: 1 file - 10242
- Hybrid's Plants & Herbs: 1 file
- Intricate Spider Webs: 1 file - Medium
- Lush Grass: 1 file
- Lush Trees: 1 file
- Make sure to download v1.3 as v1.4 does not support tree variations.
- Radiant & Unique Potions & Poisons: 1 file - Booze v2 Non-Glow
- Also include "Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp" alongside the "textures" and "meshes" folders.
- Realistic Instruments: 1 file
- Realistic Smoke & Embers: 1 file - Medium
- Re-Defined Dungeons: 1 file - 10242
- Riften HQ: 1 file - 10242
- Don't use the BSA version.
- Ruins Clutter Improvement: 1 file
- Septim HD: 1 file
- Silly Level of Detail-Potions & Poisons: 2 files - Ceramic
- Use both a "Poisons" and "Potions" file.
- Skyrim Redesigned: 1 file
- Extract the individual mod folders (Alchemy table v1, Anvil v1, etc.) as-is to the corresponding TPC folder.
- Skyrim Sunglare: 1 file - Lens Flare
- Snow & Rocks HD: 1 file - 20482
- Soul Gems Differ: 1 file
- Use the FOMOD version.
- Extract the 00 - Main, 01 - ESP, etc. as-is folders to the corresponding TPC folder.
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod: 1 file
- Extract the 00 Core, 01 Furniture, etc. as-is folders to the corresponding TPC folder.
- Super Realistic Ore: 1 file
- Use the Just the textures file.
- Tobe's High-res Textures: 2 files - 10242
- Use the optional "1.2b SMIM Patch" as well.
- Trees HD: 4 files - High
- Use the optional "Dark version treespineforestbark03" and "Lush Trees Vurts compatibility patch" files.
- Download the Low-res version and overwrite ONLY "textures/landscape/trees/treeaspenaddon01.dds" and "treeaspenaddon01_n.dds". This saves ~10MB of VRAM with negligible visual difference.
- Whiterun Trellis Redesigned: 1 file - 10242
- Visible Windows: 1-2 files - Medium
- Extract the 00 Data - Required, 10 Solitude Gritty, etc. as-is folders to the corresponding TPC folder.
- If using an ENB, also use the optional "Reduced Night Glow".
- Skyrim Flora Overhaul: 1 file - Low-res
- Make sure to also include "Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp" alongside the "textures" and "meshes" folders.
- If using an ENB, also use the optional "Darker Green Grass" for your resolution.
- Project Parallax: 7 files (Requires ENB v0.112 or newer)
- Markarth: Extract to the "ProjectParallax_Markarth" folder.
- Extract the optional "PP Solitude HD2K" file to "ProjectParallax_HD2K".
- Extract the optional "PP Solitude Skyrim Realistic Overhaul" file to "Project Parallax_SRO".
- Extract the main file to "ProjectParallax_SRO".
- Extract the optional "PP Whiterun Skyrim HD2K V3" file to "ProjectParallax_HD2K".
- Extract the main file to "ProjectParallax_SRO".
- Extract the optional "PP - Windhelm HD2K V3" file to "ProjectParallax_HD2K".
With all the files in place, run the batch file and take note of where it says the "Combined" folder will be placed (should be alongside the others). Press the "any key" and the combiner will do it's magic. When finished, exit the batch file and inside the "Combined" folder you'll find a "Data" folder. Use this folder to install the mod as you would any other, either through a mod manager or by copy/pasting it into your "Skyrim" directory.