STEP:Mod-Build Guide Curation
Aside from our original Skyrim guides, we now offer guide-creation support for any Bethesda-derived game with the capacity to add others (e.g., No Man's Sky).
Anyone interested in creating and maintaining a mod-build guide can do so using the framework provided on the Step wiki. As described in that article, doing so has many advantages both to the Step community and all other so-called Guide Curators. Most notably ...
- Increased exposure of your guide(s) (instead of 'buried' on your User pages)
- Nexus Page over which you have authority (along with Step staff for 'official' guides)
- Dedicated Step forum or forum topic (your choice) maintained by Curator to consolidate info and Q&A from users (basically, this is staff-level auth over that forum/topic).
- Link to guide from wiki Game Home page
- Guide Curators can maintain either or both 'official' and 'unofficial' guides
- Adherance to the Step Mandate is NOT a requirement for unofficial guides (e.g., NSFW guides are allowed)
- Reusable across guides within the same game, mod pages store guide-specific instructions (so they only need to be created ONCE).
- I.e., no need to manage all of the wiki markup associated with mod lists containing links and all kinds of formatting. The infrastructure does it for you.
- Consistent look/feel across guides (with capacity to include Curator-specific 'branding' elements)
To date, we have two new Curators keeping these games relevant (aside from core staff, who work on Skyrim SE and No Man's Sky):
- Majorman - Fallout:New Vegas