[SOLVED] Question about installing FWE

nex

hey guys

again, please forgive me if this is an obvious answer, this is my first day modding

so i'm down to the Base UI mods section in Kelmych's guide and i've arrived at FWE, i followed the installation instructions but i ran into a little confusion with the optional ESPs. i browsed through the threads in this subforum to see if anyone else has asked a similar question, but i couldn't find anything. it may turn out that i just overcomplicated simple instructions

the guide says:

"Double click FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition in the left pane of MO, and select the Optional ESPs tab. Move at least one of the "FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers*" plugins, and at least one of the optional VATS plugins if they were both installed into Optional ESPs. Unless the FWE alternate version of fast travel is desired (read the discussion about this in In Game Settings before selecting this option) , move Alternate Travel.esp into Optional ESPs"

when i installed the fomod for FWE part 1, the only optional plugin i added was "Optional Restore Tracers":

VZf0Aky.png

Therefore, I didn't have to add anything to the optional ESPs section:

8kwptKc.png

now, where i ran into confusion was with the FWE Hotfix Patch. since i didn't install "Alternate Travel" and "Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only)" with FWE Part 1, do I need to add those two files to the optional ESPs section for the FWE Hotfix Patch? I highlighted the files I am uncertain about in the image below:

Ong4e1z.png

Thanks in advance for any help and solutions, and I apologize if this turns out to be a redundancy

Edited by nex

No need to apologise for asking a perfectly sound question.

Yes, move those files to the "Optional" folder. The 'Hotfix' archive provides updated copies of ALL the plugins included in FWE. The fomod installer makes those choices for you but the authors of the mod simply bundled ALL the plugins together in the 'Hotfix' to allow the user to decide which ones to keep.