No Plug-ins

hogboy52

Question

I am running Windows 10 and Mod Organizer 1.3.11. I have no anti-virus. I have used MO for years with all the supported games as well as a number of outside support programs. All play well enough with many mods. The issue I have is with any mod/program that uses the plug-ins folder, the link is broken and defaults to GameX\Data\.

These I have tried recently: Merge Plugins Standalone (no plug-ins), Mator Smash (skip,skip,skip,...), and NPC Visual Transfer Tool. The last uses TES5Edit which always loads "Using Skyrim Data Path: ...\skyrim\Data\ although there is nothing there of any use to Mod Organizer.

I need add of course that all of these are loaded through Mod Organizer.

Edited by hogboy52

5 answers to this question

Any tool that is run from inside MO, that generates logs to show what it is doing, will be "tricked" in to seeing the plugins in the 'Data' folder.

I have not used the NPC Visual Transfer Tool but if it is also setup correctly to be run from within MO it too should find everything it needs.

You could, if you feel there is a problem, post your logs and INIs so we can examine what is happening.

Where would these logs be? Running these programs puts nothing into documents folder.  I can use Transfer Tool in the same manner as the CK, moving mods to game\data\, making changes, then moving back into MO.

It has been my assumption that Win 10 interrupts the process. I used PD Wrapper quite often on everything back in Win 7 days. Now it takes a trick to get scripts, all else just error msg's.

Edited by hogboy52

At the bottom of every page is the link to the STEP Citizenship Guidelines, in which you will find how to use spoiler tags. These are forum tags that collapse the long texts, often used in logs, into expandable sections.

For future reference you can read how to do that. Providing copies as links, as you have done, is also fine.

Now as to your question, there is nothing wrong according to the logs regarding the loading of plugins. You do however have an issue with Mator's Smash tool, I suggest you ask him about why you are getting "access violations".

On another matter, your path to the Skyrim game is an odd one, often seen in pirated copies. If you are using a pirated copy I suggest you remove it and install a legitimate version, no further help will be forthcoming for pirate copies.