after updating to current SR:LE I am unable to save

NordPride_WorldWide

Question

So this weekend I decided to update my game to the most current revision. Everything went fine with the updates, installs and merges. Everything looked fine when i started my save game back up, no crashes, no errors. so i began to play as normal. i saved my game at one point, and died several minutes later. When i tried reloading my last save, the game crashed to desktop. I started the game again, and when i tried loading the most recent save, it ctd's again. After playing around with it I figured out I can only load saves that I made before the update. Anything after just crashes. but I'm not getting any errors, and i dont know where to look.

also, i tried starting a brand new game and that works just fine, except theres an extremely noticable neck seam on my character.

3 answers to this question

I don't know what the issue was. I just gave up and started from scratch. Took up my long weekend reinstalling everything but it's back up and running. It runs fine most of the time, but I've noticed if I just go running around non stop for a length of time, my VRAM climbs until eventually crashing the game. It's like I have to take a break from running around and let the game think for a minute. Also, for one reason or another, after speaking to the jarl of whiterun and reaching the point where I'm supposed to go kill the first Dragon, it refuses to allow me to leave dragonsreach. It either ctd's when I open the door or it loads for a moment, starts playing the outside music, and then freezes while playing the water effects. I've gotten around this by leaving through the dungeon. Any idea what's up with either of those?