Bug? Raining and Hoods

Electrocutor

Question

I've noticed that when it is raining outside, while the NPCs do wear their hoods, they will periodically take them off, then put them back on again repeatedly. My first thought is that perhaps Real Shelter is causing some sort of stateful conflict to switch back and forth, but I've not had the time to investigate yet. Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

In a related matter, although it is not a bug, has anyone figured out a way so that the NPCs will choose a hood color that matches their clothing or cloak? This is just a small nuance, but if it's an easy fix, I'd appreciate the help in resolving it.

4 answers to this question

There is no link between hood / clothes in the Wet&Cold distribution logic that I know of sadly. Isoku is not modding right now since the paid mods thing as far as I know so I don't expect that to change.

I've not seen an issue with repeated equip/unequip as you describe.

I have another possible bug whereby I get lightning strikes when it is not even raining, and also get lightning during snow storms (in snow regions). Is there perhaps something wonky with my load order that might cause that? Which conflicts should I check for in xEdit?

It's possible that the de-hooding is related to my weather in general being not quite right.

I had not disabled Minty's CoT patch after enabling the CoT Patches merge (since it was in a different mod, I forgot about moving into optional).

I didn't run RSPatcher until I had everything in place, including all the weather mods; but since Minty's CoT patch was freely floating, it may have affected something.

LOOT put them in this order:

Minty's Lightning

Vividian ENB

Vividian ENB - Weather

CoT - Patches

I'll retry with the Minty CoT Patch now disabled.