Font Color/Size

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

I must be missing something because this seems to work fine for me:

{{fc|1=highlight|2=So what you are saying is that we don't care about bugs regarding the "=" character in the template?}}

That does work, it's just "text" is sticking with the standard we have from the other templates in use. So text= and 2= would work to fix.

Btw, I'm just going off the standards that have been there for years (most likely S4N's original work). If we want to change that, then we just need to come to a consensus. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that we have ever actually established a standard for parameters. Take https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Template:Sidebox for example. This one has been around forever, and really probably ought to use named parameters, but it doesn't. In fact, I think adding named parameters to most of our templates occurred after S4n disappeared, as I think I was the one who did it. 

44 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I don't think that we have ever actually established a standard for parameters. Take https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Template:Sidebox for example. This one has been around forever, and really probably ought to use named parameters, but it doesn't. In fact, I think adding named parameters to most of our templates occurred after S4n disappeared, as I think I was the one who did it. 

That one needs to be updated too as the width should be in % for the responsive design. It should only accept a percent too, so that the responsiveness isn't broken. I agree it should use a least one named parameter for the main text (possibly for the header too). I really don't use sideboxes much.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

I must be missing something because this seems to work fine for me:

{{fc|1=highlight|2=So what you are saying is that we don't care about bugs regarding the "=" character in the template?}}

That's because you are using 'numbered' params, which is the same principle as 'named' params. Both use a "this=that". It just doesn't work with anonymous params or ordered params.