Several questions about F&L guide

Morksel

Well, I can't really explain much better than the wiki page. Just try to follow it step by step and make sure your settings are the same as the pictures/everything is in the correct folders. If you have a fast internet connection I guess this is an alternative for the vanilla textures. When testing it I noticed that textures/clutter/museum/tracklighting01.dds was corrupted, but since my internet connection is so slow I have no way of verifying if it was just my download or the file itself, either way if you see tracklighting textures changing when you move (corrupted textures adopt other objects' textures sometimes) like in this picture (from my own mod), just remove/hide those textures from the file in MO.

Mods(or what you just called plugin) like "JIP NVSE Plugin" and "Lutana's NVSE Plugin" are installed through MO. I suggest watching Dirty Weasel videos on FONV modding with MO, they are really informative and a good starting point.

Just don't forget to install other mods from the guide :D

Edited by Morksel

When I used DDSopt for optimizing vanilla textures I used Fallout 2.8 batch files. Are those ok to use, or do I have to use FNV batch files 2.76? Which of these I have to use when optimizing mods textures(if it even matters which ones I use)?

Edited by Morksel

The overall set of batch files to simplify optimizing vanilla Fallout textures is version 2.8 available from this page. The individual batch files in the archive have varied version numbers.

Optimizing the vanilla Fallout files can be useful, but the performance and stability gains are not as great as achieved when optimizing the vanilla Skyrim textures. The resolution of the vanilla Fallout textures is much less than those of the High Res Skyrim textures.