Question regarding overwrite folder and enhanced blood textures mod

Phizzlestix

Question

Hi guys!,

I am both new to the forum here as well as mod organizer. I recently returned to Skyrim because I had been missing the fantasy feel and fallout 4 just didn't do it for me. Anyway I'm hoping some of the pros here can help me out. I have installed a good selection of mods I want into mod organizer and everything was working fine. After playing for a few hour I decided I wanted to re run the Enhanced Blood Textures mod to change some of the install setting from dark blood to the default color. The way I went about this was I clicked "reinstall mod" which I think might have been where my mistake had been. When it reinstalled it brought up the install settings and I selected what I wanted and everything completed. After the process I was prompted with the caution icon lighting up indicating that I had filed in the overwrite folder and that I should remove them. I have looked EVERYWHERE but I cannot seem to find a solution for what to do with the item that was placed in the folder so that's why I am here.

The folder and file that is listed is as follows

Folder: Meshes

Filed: ~AnimationDataSingleFile.txt

It also might be important to note that I am also using the immersive creatures mod and I have to check the setting in enhanced blood textures to install the immersive creature files as well. It just seemed odd to me that animation files where being referenced when the only mod I altered was enhanced blood textures, everything else I kept the same.

P.S the game is currently running ok but I am just paranoid that something isn't installed correctly and I really want to begin enjoying the game again

Thank you in advance for any help that you guys provide and if you need any more information I will gladly post what I cant to help get the problem solved.

Thanks! 

Edited by Phizzlestix

6 answers to this question

This is a temporary file created by FNIS and can be deleted. When you ran GenerateFNISForUsers in Mod Organizer, you should have right clicked on Overwrite and created a mod containing all the FNIS output files. If you look inside this mod, you should see meshes/animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE and this is the one used by FNIS when playing.

Hi Greg,

First off I appreciate the reply, although I am not currently running FNIS. If it helps I can show all the mods I am currently running via a screenshot if need be. My first thought were to delete it but as I said in the OP I am extremely new to Mod Organizer and I am afraid of screwing something up. The only two mods out of my entire list that I have changed in any way since I have installed all the mods is Enhanced Blood Textures and Purity (to change the darkness level of night time) that is it. Before messing with Enhanced Blood Textures there were no files in the overwrite folder. Let me know if I can provide you with any information at all that may help you decipher what may be the problem.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

It might actually be helpful if you post your "modlist.txt" from MO's current profile folder. Both the mods you mentioned as being active shouldn't leave any files in the Overwrite folder and that text file is most often associated with FNIS, as @Greg pointed out.

I'm sure it probably isn't a HUGE deal because I have been playing the game ok running all of my installed mods (having an awesome time with it) but I take it as a learning experience as well as familiarizing myself with the tool to try an resolve things as they pop up. Below is a copy of my "modlist.txt" as requested. At this point I'm more curious than anything to see what caused it.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+Purity Landscape Textures
+Purity
+Enhanced Blood Textures
+Enhanced Lights and FX
+Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled
+RealVision ENB 279b
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
+Skyrim Flora Overhaul
+Ultimate Combat
+Deadly Combat - Deadly Combat 4_01
+Duel - Combat Realism
+Combat Evolved
+Realistic Ragdolls and Force
+MLU - CACO Ordinator
+Skyrim -Community- Uncapper
+VioLens - A Killmove Mod
+Skyrim Immersive Creatures
+Enemy AI OverHaul---Revenge Of the Enemies---No Scripts Version
+Wiseman303's Flora Fixes
+CACO-Ordinatored
+MorrowLoot Ultimate
+Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim Respec
+Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
+Cloaks of Skyrim 1-2 Dawnguard
+Cloaks of Skyrim
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
+SkyUI
+SKSE
+A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
+Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul
+Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
*Unmanaged: HearthFires

Thanks again guys I appreciate your time on this

i believe this is output for one of TK's mods (tk dodge, ultimate combat, and "tk something" i forget)...fore mentions this on his nexus mod page description for version 6.3

he is quoted as saying this needs to go into the FNIS output folder, and if you're using mod organizer will ask if you want to overwrite the meshes folder (say yes)...i don't believe anything bad will happen if you output the txt file to another custom 'mod' via right clicking overwrite file in MO (the file gets created upon game launch along with a few SKSE plugins)