Infinite load screens. Help?

humanman

Question

Hi. I just finished setting up STEP Extended with Mod Organizer. The game was running fine until I finished with the last few mods like DynoDOLOD. Now the game starts up fine but when I try to load a game or start a new game I get stuck in a never ending load screen.

Can anybody give me some ideas of things I can try to resolve this? Any assistance is much appreciated.

I bet your skse.ini isn't in the right spot. It has to be in a folder within SKSE.

For me it's in F: SKSE > SKSE_1_07_03 (I think to is where I initally downloaded it and put it into MO from there) and another one in F: .Skyrim/Mods/Software > Skyrim Utilities > ModOrganizer > Mods > skse_1_07_03 The SKSE.ini is there under Data > SKSE and the MemoryBlocksLog files are there in Data > Plugins

Seems like they're in the right place?

Im watching some GamerPoets videos and you guys were right I discovered I didn't have some files in the right places. Like TES5Edit was in it's own folder instead of in Skyrim directory. And I watched his SKSE video and I didnt have a scripts folder there. So maybe this will resolve some of these issues. Regardless of this though my game ran fine without DynoDolod. But I'll see what happens.

humanman, I meant to say skse.ini should be in a folder named SKSE. Anyway, take a look at the screenshots I posted, hopefully they help you. Also, be sure to follow the detailed instructions linked to from the main wiki page for each STEP mod. SKSE install instructions

Make sure you extract the three files listed into the main Skyrim directory, then follow the instructions to install the SKSE scripts via MO. Tick the new mod in the left pane of MO, and follow the instructions to create the skse.ini (or install the pre-made one). The last screenshot in that album is a visual representation of that last step concerning the skse.ini.

Good luck!

Edited by Nebulous112

Ogham, what does the Memory Blocks log say? There may be no need to change your "DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=" setting. Only running the log will tell you. Install the mod, and then read the log. The Memory Blocks Log ini file has two options for where the log is written afterward.

Basically, running the log will either show that setting definitively to be the issue, or it will rule it out, which means you can look at other things to try and resolve it.

Edit: Ogham moved his post.

Edited by Nebulous112

I can't figure out how to get DynoDOLOD to work properly. Maybe 8GB memory is too little?

I downloaded the optional DynoDOLOD Static Object LOD files and the game loads with them.  Looks way better then it does without it. Probably nothing compared to if the main file. Maybe I can use some other mods along with the static object LOD files to make it look decent.

Unfortunately I am having the exact same issue. Unless I disable DynDolod I get stuck in an ILS. :(

Has anyone found a fix for this so we can run DynDolod? I'd hate to miss out on all of the beauty DynDolod has to offer. 

BTW my rig is big and fast so no issues there. If I unchecked the DynDolod mods Skyrim runs fine. If DynDolod arr checked = ILS.