Cloaks have no warmth or coverage.

Nampot

Question

I'm currently using SR:LE + REGS + a few of my own choices but I'm fairly sure that this problem is due to me installing something wrong somewhere in SR:LE.

I've only looked at the bear claw fur cloak so far but I'm assuming that this is going to be the case with all of the fur cloaks. I definitely have all of the right settings in the CCO MCM menu.

Here's my load order: https://www.modwat.ch/u/Nampot

Is there anything that I've obviously done wrong or might there be a mod conflict somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Update: My Assumption was incorrect, as I have recently acquired several more cloaks and one of them, a rugged fur cloak, provides decent warmth and coverage. I also have a travel cloak which provides some warmth and coverage. Is this just a bug that some of them work and some of them don't? As long as I have one cloak that I can use I'm alright for now, but it would just be nice to know if anyone else has the same issue.

Edited by Nampot

4 answers to this question

The Skyrim engine doesn't know about or manage warmth and coverage; those attributes were added by Frostfall. As such the warmth/coverage of an item of clothing depends on what Frostfall has set for warmth/coverage of a particular item of clothing. The Frostfall Primer doesn't have any details on how warmth and coverage is assigned to clothing; for detailed answers you might find some posts on the Frostfall Nexus page about this or you can look with TES5Edit at the clothing records in Frostfall.

In previous versions of Frostfall I thought that all cloaks provided some warmth and that heavy cloaks provided more warmth; I think that is the intention with Frostfall 3 but I haven't seen any details of which cloaks (including cloaks from mods like those provided in Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming) provide more warmth.

It does seem to be working that way with the few cloaks that I have that do work. I have a couple of fur cloaks which provide 42 warmth and a travel cloak (looks like linen) which provides 10 warmth. The old version also had a feature that enabled the player to set warmth and coverage in-game, which hasn't been included in version 3 but has been announced for version 3.1. This would solve the problem, so for now I think I'm just going to stick with the cloaks I have that are working and wait for that to come out.