Any negative effects of using hide instead of delete files/folders?

xxx78

Question

Hi

I'm working on installing hundreds of mods and there is many files and folders I will not use from many mods.

I think it is very practical to just hide files and folders instead of deleting them, but I'm thinking if I hide many files/folders MO will have to use resources to manage all the hidden files/folder, and

I wonder if this can have some negative effects on loading and playing the game?

Any thoughts about this?

3 answers to this question

If the files win the conflict, I wouldn't bother trying to hide or delete the conflict losers since they won't be seen by the game anyway. If you need to "remove" files that are winning the conflict but you don't want used in the game, I would just hide them. This renames the file to have an .mohidden extension so they won't be seen by the game.

There isn't any performance difference between hiding and deleting files. The only instance I might consider deleting conflict losers is if I really need to recover the disk space.

Thanks for quick replies guys and for making that subject clear, it was really helpful and useful.

For some reason some people recommend delete but I will use hide from now so I can go back more easily if I need to experiment and try things out, thanks again :)

Edited by xxx78