unclear STEP instructions: Extended & Core

whismerhill

Question

So from what I understood, STEP : Extended is just a selectable collection of STEP : Packs, right ? no  ?

In the brawls bug patch detailed page here : https://wiki.step-project.com/Brawl_Bugs_Patch#Recommendations

it says : "Not necessary for Extended users that are installing Enhanced Blood Textures."

so the question is : what's an Extended user ? someone that has installed a STEP : Pack ???

if I understood this right, this should be reformulated to something like this :

"Not necessary for STEP: Pack users that would install Enhanced Blood Textures from one of their Packs." (I'm probably wrong though)

and now the 2nd issue : Enhanced Blood Textures is part of "2.J. Animations & Effects "

which is in the main guide, which as far as I understood is part of STEP: Core since it's in the STEP guide main page, though its dedicated page doesn't list it as "Core"

This is horribly confusing and I can't find any precise information on what's extended compared to core

And before you ask, yeah I read the page about your step mandate, doesn't help.

And what's an "extended patch" user too ? is this inside the STEP compilation ? because in the STEP compilation page I can't see any reference to such a thing.

Thanks for any help.

sidenote: I'm not really having any issues so far, just finished going through the "GAMEPLAY" section. it's mainly a question of understanding the whole thing, might not help that english is not my first language (though I generally don't have issues with english)

Edited by whismerhill

If us English speaking gamers are having comprehension problems then I can't imagine what it's like trying to translate then decipher the Guides instructions. I honestly gave it up and now I'm learning more by making and breaking the games with mods of my own choice based from the Guide and other mods that sounded interesting but yet have no serious conflicts. So stay with it and you'll get there dude. Maybe make 2 profiles so when you get severely frustrated like I did then you can game and kill to cool off. Then mod some more afterwards when your feeling better (If I had done this I wouldn't have come on the forums and raged enough to get a language use warning lol). Last I will add that whenever I did the Core+Extended through the Guide the last STEP Compilation mod was incorrect in guessing I had only the Core installed and would not install correctly (at least 3 times). Happy modding  ::):