Mod Merges

dotphil

Question

I'm currently in the Mod Merges section of SRLE and I'm at the part doing Climates of Tamriel Patches merge. I know I'm suppose to uncheck the mods in the left pane after making the merge patch but for things like ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp and Dawngaurd-Patch.esp which are in the Climates of Tamriel file, do I just go into the folder and delete those .esp's or do I just reinstall the mod and not check those two files in the FOMOD installer? Or does it make no difference which of those 2 I do?

Or can I just uncheck them in the right pane, but that doesn't seem to free up a mod slot since it's still counting in the priority list.

And what does If there are other plugin files in those mods not included the merge they must be manually copied to the new merged mod. mean, I don't know when this would happen?

Also, I don't know if it matters but when setting up Merge Plugins Standalone it couldn't find the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg in the browser so I just randomly typed in the directory anyways and added /TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg since I knew it was there.

edit: after creating merge patches (still unsure if I'm doing this all right with deactivating files inside it) when I load Merge Plugins Standalone in the merges tab, all the merges are bolded red and "merge details status" says "plugins not loaded" is that normal?

Edited by dotphil

7 answers to this question

I carried on hoping that this was alright and completed the guide, I'm a little worried the merge patches are messed up though.

I also have a little question about the Bashed Patch 0.esp, should this have been saved into the SRLE Profile folder and added through there? Or does it matter which folder it was saved in as long as it's activated in the left pane?

Edited by dotphil

i've got questions on the same topic as well. the steps are a bit unclear as to what exactly needs to be deactivated and what plugins (if any) need to be manually copied to the merged mods. any help?

also, Merge Plugins does not seem to be able to find the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg file when running from Mod Organizer, but manually entering the file path in seems to allow the program to work. i suppose i will know when i reach the end.

after some googling, i think i've hit upon a solution.

following the Merge Plugins Standalone instructions is ok for the .esp plugins but neglects any .esm masters. the solution seems to be to deactivate any mods that are only plugins but to leave active any mods with .esms and just set any .esp plugins in the latter type of mods to "Optional" in Mod Organizer.

a good example is with Climates of Tamriel. after following the merge instructions, i will deactivate the Falskaar CoT patch mod, leave the main CoT mod active, but set the .esps from the main CoT mod as "Optional", leaving the main .esm still active.

would anyone be able to confirm that i have this correct? if this is the case, this should also be in the SR:LE guide.

after some googling, i think i've hit upon a solution.

following the Merge Plugins Standalone instructions is ok for the .esp plugins but neglects any .esm masters. the solution seems to be to deactivate any mods that are only plugins but to leave active any mods with .esms and just set any .esp plugins in the latter type of mods to "Optional" in Mod Organizer.

a good example is with Climates of Tamriel. after following the merge instructions, i will deactivate the Falskaar CoT patch mod, leave the main CoT mod active, but set the .esps from the main CoT mod as "Optional", leaving the main .esm still active.

would anyone be able to confirm that i have this correct? if this is the case, this should also be in the SR:LE guide.

after looking at this more, i think i had it wrong. i am now trying to copy over the .esm and .esp files not listed in the merge instructions but are from mods with other esps being merged.

I'm currently in the Mod Merges section of SRLE and I'm at the part doing Climates of Tamriel Patches merge. I know I'm suppose to uncheck the mods in the left pane after making the merge patch but for things like ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp and Dawngaurd-Patch.esp which are in the Climates of Tamriel file, do I just go into the folder and delete those .esp's or do I just reinstall the mod and not check those two files in the FOMOD installer? Or does it make no difference which of those 2 I do?

Or can I just uncheck them in the right pane, but that doesn't seem to free up a mod slot since it's still counting in the priority list.

And what does If there are other plugin files in those mods not included the merge they must be manually copied to the new merged mod. mean, I don't know when this would happen?

Also, I don't know if it matters but when setting up Merge Plugins Standalone it couldn't find the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg in the browser so I just randomly typed in the directory anyways and added /TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg since I knew it was there.

edit: after creating merge patches (still unsure if I'm doing this all right with deactivating files inside it) when I load Merge Plugins Standalone in the merges tab, all the merges are bolded red and "merge details status" says "plugins not loaded" is that normal?

Hi, 

I just got the same problem. But what I did additionaly is I analyzed Climates of Tamriel V and new merged Patch folders. Based on that you can see that merged Patch has everything included already - the only element it's missing is ClimatesOfTamriel.esm file.

So what I did is just copied the esm file into new Merged Patch as stated on the guide from Neo:

"Uncheck the source mods in the left pane of Mod Organizer as they are now included in the new mod folder. If there are other plugin files in those mods not included the merge they must be manually copied to the new merged mod."

Hope I did it correctly and it helps :-)

Btw. As for Merge Standalone you need to click "Detect Integrations" on the "Integrations" tab. This helps to solve the issue with Papyrus flags path. (as I read over the web it's hidden as a default - this is why it's impossible to find it via explorer).

Edited by Guru

Hey, joining the topic cause I'd like to know too. 

About the TESV Flag thing, the first time I did like you fightinfilipino, but this time I installed the Skyrim Scripting Tools inside the Papyrus folder and Merge Plugin was able to find the .flg from the Papyrus Compilers folder. That allowed me to check the partial script option and compiled those too, which didn't happen the first time.

It's the 3trd time I run SR:LE and it's the first time ( except for my first installation) I had to start everything again cause it crashed / never finished loading on bed use after choosing a new start. 

I am now at the merging section, I'm 150% sure I did everything as the guide told me to do and I don't want to start everything again.

Edited by Tadtadtad

Hey guys, I was just doing the first 2 merges and was just going through the same issue trying to figure out if i was doing this right.  Is it just me or is it a little challenging finding the mods to deactivate...I hope it gets easier as you go.  If there are any tricks people use, I'm all ears.

When I got to the CoT, I an struggling to know if I found all the mods , there seems to only be 2 to deactivate, Climate of Tamriel-V and Falskaar - Climates of Tamriel patch. But then I noticed the ClimatesOfTamriel.esm . So, I need to copy this over and then just deactivate the 2 mods, correct?

I'll look for a confirmation tomorrow, this is too dangerous to do at this time of night.  Tomorrow will be a merging today.

All this time and stressing on building this mod with little background or experience is surprising enjoyable, good exercise for the brain. Of course, that is if I have sucess at the end.  I tried loading Skyrim and got to the load screen, so that's worth something.

A confirmation of what I said above would be appreciated and if there are good tricks to move through this more efficiently, please let me know.  I have watched the video on Nexus for the mod, Merge Plugins: Start to Finish...

Edited by mcshame