quick way to delete conflict files?

axel4340

Question

finally got an ssd so i'm planning to move skyrim and all my mods over.  i'm just wondering if there's any quick way to delete files that aren't used due to conflict?  lots of mods with lots of conflict files (legacy of the dragonborn is a big one), and while it didn't really matter to me with my big hdd i'm more concious of space use on the ssd.  to get rid of them the only way i can think of is by meticilously going through each folder and deleting the conflicts in lower mods, i'm hoping i'm missing something though.

also, you can just choose an alternative location for mod downloads yes?  keeping those on my hdd would make more sense.

1 answer to this question

At the top left of MO click the icon with tools, then check the box next to Advanced. This will allow you to set the locations for the download and mods directories. I have an SSD so I have the downloads directory on an HDD and mods directory on the SSD.

It's not a good idea to delete individual files such as textures from a mod. It's possible the file will be needed in a different profile in MO; moreover, over time the priority order of mods in a profile can change. If all the files in a mod aren't used you might want to uninstall the mod if you don't expect to use the mod and it isn't used in other MO profiles.