WTF

bitdman

Has anyone ever heard of a windows explorer jumping back a few pages then after a few minutes the window shuts down  all by itself???  I just upgraded to win 10 and I hope that's the problem. If not my computer might be going ka-put.  Also I can't use mod organizer anymore because it won't log in to Nexus so I can't use the green download button and some of the files for MO won't unpack.  

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone :wallbash:  

As for the explorer jumping back - seriously, WTF?!?

As for Windows 10 rebooting (or really shutting down?) all by itself - that's normal when it thinks the last update is more important than you.

As for MO not handling Nexus links anymore - are you using Chrome?

As for upgrading instead of doing a fresh installation on a gaming PC - I wouldn't do it.

Edited by elwaps

Windows updating in the background most likely. Win10 is very heavy-handed with keeping everything the "Microsoft" way.

one of the reasons i haven't  updated yet from 7 .

Ill do that once games really start to use dx 12 and the gains can no longer be ignored .

Booting five times faster and getting Win 10 for free were already good reasons I think. Also, when installing on non gaming machines you literally have to do nothing at all regarding setting it up and installing drivers, even the update from 7 to 10 worked perfectly fine on three machines so far. Same theoretically goes for a gaming machine but in that case I still like to do a clean fresh install and set up my driver stuff manually.

Well! it doesn't matter now. the last accumulative update got stuck before it finished so I decided enough is enough and rolled back to win 7. This is the second time I tried win 10. I don't want to try solving Micro$ofts problems....I have enough of my own.

Too bad, I was curious what caused that jumping back a few pages thing. Haven't had any problems with Win10 myself so far, same for my family and friends. Quite astonishing as I've tested a beta build about two months before release and that was missing quite a few features and was pretty buggy.

Well! it doesn't matter now. the last accumulative update got stuck before it finished so I decided enough is enough and rolled back to win 7. This is the second time I tried win 10. I don't want to try solving Micro$ofts problems....I have enough of my own.

You need to download the installation media and create a bootable thumb drive or DVD ... then do a fresh install on your system. As long as you performed the upgrade first, this should fresh install as Activated Win 10. Your issues were most likely due to inevitable config issues that come with a major OS upgrade like Win 10. Fresh install will almost surely resolve.

Also, you might stop using IE, especially under Win 10. It is heavy handed and feature poor in my opinion.