Realistic Female Armor Overhaul by LLX

n0mad23

As Immersion seems to be a significant aspect of STEP's focus, I was a bit surprised not to see this posted here yet.

Realistic Female Armor Overhaul by LLX

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70880/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D70880%26preview%3D&pUp=1

"Been working on this mod for a while. It's a compilation of several mods here on the nexus to replace the the female armor meshes (it doesn't touch the males) as well as some alternate variants. It's not finished, still have some reflection maps to add to several but i figured now would be a good time to release it.

Changes

This mod includes remesh/retextures for:
Blades
Daedric
Dragonbone
Dragonscale
Ancient Nord/Draugr
Ebony
Ebony Mail
Elven (Heavy/Light)
Glass
Imperial
Iron
Nightingale
Nord (Steel) Plate
Orcish
Stormcloak Officer
Steel
Wolf
Farm clothes
Dawnguard armor
Falmer Heavy Armor
Royal Vampire armor
Chitin Heavy
Nordic Carved
Stalrim Heavy
Cultist robes

And includes alternate variants of:
Dragon Scale
Ancient Nord
Ebony
Elven (Heavy/Light)
Glass
Nord (Steel) Plate
Orcish
Stormcloak Officer
Wolf armor
Royal Vampire
Nordic Carved

Also most (but not all) of the armors are environment mapped to be reflective using the skyrealism - shiny cubemaps"

No more magical armor breast cups that appear or disappear depending upon your gender.  I'm all ready a fan of this one.

Call me old fashioned but I love me some magical armor breast cups.

But seriously, I don't have a problem with them. Most the the armor you encounter won't ever be equipped by the player, the issue this addresses is a rare one. It makes sense that there would be female armors tailored to their anatomy, just like real life. For that matter, why can a bosmer or argonian wear armor made for a nord? In reality every armor would be sized, and wearing the wrong size would limit your motion.

I think these look worse than the vanilla meshes, and changing every female armor to slightly address the aesthetic change when equipping gear is swatting the fly with a baseball bat. Net loss, not to mention the ridiculous shiny cubemaps.

Edited by spaceoden

Lol -

It's all pretty subjective, isn't it?  My first reaction to the shiny cubemaps was feeling that they are ridiculous, too.  But after playing this this installed for a bit I found I actually rather like them.  It's like the women take better care of their armor than the male adventurers do.  The shiny cubemap armors from Inconsequential NPCs are worse imo, and the Realistic Female Armors are about 1/2 as shiny as the former.

You might appreciate the irony, spaceoden - I'm a big fan of HDT, but only in conjunction with Gamwich's Rustic Clothing and with those hunter gals soaking in the hot-springs.  Yet I'm the guy who posted the link to "de-genderized" female armor.  

I personally really like hearing what other people think, so thanks for your view here!  Cheers.

• +1 1