[WIP] Boston Atomic Bomb Yankee - BABY (Fallout 4)

Kesta

Your guide is wrong. There's not any rock textures worth recommending.  ::P: Seriously though Bethesda's are perfect already bar the meshes. Wait... Did I just complement Bethesda?  :O_o:

The improvement by itself isn't as drastic as it was in Skyrim, but Rock On make rocks less "flat", a bit more patterned (vanilla rock look too smooth & clean for a post-apocalyptic environment imo). Plus they look too "bright", I tend to like darkened textures :P 

As far as meshing goes, what I have seen isn't "plain bad", i.e. they aren't the blocky stuff we used to see without SMIM in Skyrim. They just have several UVmaps issues.

The terrain textures... they're pretty decent, except when there is junk or debris scattered on it... 

Like this :

1769-0-1452428895.jpg

(and that's a picture from Hein's texture pack, which already include a lot of work to make it look more natural). 

We need cleaned textures with actual junk statics sets placed there instead, but that's a sh*tload of work and would be performance hungry.

Edited by Kesta

• 2 weeks later...

Kesta, do you know how people are going to get around the 'precombined' objects thing? As I see it, if you made a change to a static world mesh, you would need to regenerate all cells featuring that mesh. It basically means I can't do anything because that is pretty much what I do. It seems like a nightmare for compatibility.

I've seen some authors advising to use the INI tweak to not use the precombined objects :

bUseCombinedObjects=0

But this come at the cost of a big performance impacts in certain area, so for now there isn't a proper workaround.

In the future, once things are more stable and decoded, we can envisage some major xEdit script to run at the end of the setup (like dyndolod or skyprocs patchers) that would recombine them properly or regenerate the cells (or whatever there is to do to have them work) based on the user's installation. But that's not going to happen before a while.

Edit : Such script would actually be possible, but I don't have time to work on it right now. See zilav's answer on afkmods : https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3750-wipz-tes5edit/?p=160530

Edited by Kesta

All right boys and girls (there is girls on STEP right ? RIGHT ?)

BABY just hit v0.1.5

This isn't 0.2 (no kidding sherlock), since there is no proper MO2 yet. However it have been completely updated to work with the latest versions of the game, and all the mods are treated as their latest versions.

Potentially game-breaking mods have all been hidden (so there is nothing gameplay or crafting related, and no new content) until I can review them in-depth and compare their obsolescence against the latest DLCs and newer mods. Plus, I'm expecting most of them to get serious updates - or be replaced by new ones - in the upcoming times since the CK got released, so there isn't much point spending hours in testing to redo it all in a few weeks.

I'll probably maintain an "under testing" page as well in the meantime since I know several people are more interested by a "cool mods list" than an actual guide. For now, main focus are Armorsmith extended, Homemaker, Conquest and Tactical Weapons. (the first 3 are most likely going to constitute the foundation of the guide).

So for now that's essentially about configuration, optimisation, bugfixes, and visuals. That's still some Gb of mods, and probably a few hours of installation ;)

Feedback on instruction's clarity and purpose (aka the "how" and the "why" of each line) are more than welcome. I completely lost the notion of what's complex and what's easy for a non-seasoned mod user since... long ago :P The guide sure is not aimed at beginners and never will, but I guess a few more clarity can't be wrong.

• +1 1

The script needs to combine the objects again because everyones performance will slowly degrade if you leave certain objects uncombined. Yeah, so I'd just wait and see.

Oh, and what's wrong with my rain? Are actual 3D-simulated raindrop particles to textures not enough for your fine tastes? Well... Excuuuuuse me! I got a guy that swears by 'em. A GUY!  :lol:

Oh, and what's wrong with my rain? Are actual 3D-simulated raindrop particles to textures not enough for your fine tastes? Well... Excuuuuuse me! I got a guy that swears by 'em. A GUY!  :lol:

Haha, that's just to keep the visual consistency of True Storms intact, because re-overriding its rain drops with yours, then checking all storms under day/night/sunrise/sunset to make sure there isn't any weird artifacts would take more time than I'm willing to put into it for now ^^

I promise I'll revisit my judgement when I can focus on this kind of details a bit more (just check the list of mods currently planed for testing... ) :P

As for the script, I'm not sure, are you saying that the increase number of references could slowly degrade performances ?

For what zilav said (though he's no pure expert on this either as far as I know), the big issue seems to be with OC. Maybe once Boris get back to FO4 (if he do... finger crossed) he'll have an implementation that doesn't care about those.

Fair enough, I'll let you off.  ::P:

For the script, based on the method zilav described, constantly leaving certain objects uncombined would add up and affect performance. Soon enough half the game would be uncombined with lots of mods.

Finally, I think I finished my script last night, but who knows how optimised it is. Might as well ask this here... Could I copy the script to different objects and just change the properties? Or would changing the properties change everything globally on other objects? I wouldn't need to copy and paste the script with a slight name change would I (meaning I'd have 10 scripts with just name changes)?  I'm guessing I can use one script and just change the properties per object?

Oh, and I heard there's this BIFF mod by this Pokemon character that no one is downloading.  

Guide's state is frozen again following MO Beta1 release. Long story short, I actually did move to MO, though it seems there is several issues that prevent the complete setup from working properly (especially with ReShade, and it seems there is an issue with lookmenu's presets). Plus, INI files handling is clumsy at best, and the install instruction can be a bit tedious since there is multiple problems with the installer.

Hopefully, it won't take long before a hotfix is released to address those since Tannin announced he was back on MO's development for may.

In the meantime... well, I spend more time in the CK than in FO4 itself, like it used to be with Skyrim =D

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having launch problems with F4SE?....... as mine refuses to to launch, i have reinstalled F4SE 5 times, reinstalled game twice, disabled all mods, i can launch only through FO4Launcher and a miss out on F4SE dependant mods is there a workaround? 

Re-installing F4SE won't do much, as long as you've got the 3 files in your skyrim FO4 folder, it'll always be the same.

If you're using the new beta that popped on steam a few days ago, that might be the source of your problems though.

To be honest, if you don't have a weird keyboard/game-language match like mine, you can skip f4se for now, as it's only really useful for looksmenu, which you only use once to create your character.

Edited by Kesta

Thanks Kesta, i have tried the beta from a few days ago, but it has not worked. I will wait for the mods and utilities to mature and get back to it later. I always have SRLE Ext to play with!