[WIP] Boston Atomic Bomb Yankee - BABY (Fallout 4)

Kesta

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked this guide up, installed it, and it works mostly the same.  A few of the mods have been updated, and I replaced a couple with variants I liked better, but so far, it's made my game experience even better.  

I wouldn't recommend it to a modding beginner, but if don't mind digging a little deeper beyond the guide instructions, this is still a solid list.

I just picked this guide up, installed it, and it works mostly the same.

That's the main issue I have with the FO4 modding community for now, and why I kinda left this project aside for now. In short : The modding scene is poor in my opnion. Most mods are just duplicated versions of each other, or try to emulate other bigger mods from previous Beth's games (those were out in the first two week and are already all included in the guide).

The only modder who've shwon a bit of talent and creativity for now on FO4 is Darren, with its new additions to the settlement system.

Lot of the textures pack that come out don't look as good as I'd like them to. Enhancement of metallic or wooden/woody textures are usually good. But most clothing and ground textures have a slight plastic effect, maybe due to the new texture format, that hurt my eyes and reduce the overall visual quality despite providing more details.

What i'm looking forward to is animations/behavior improvements (Beth seriously improved over Skyrim with FO4 on this matter, but there is still room for improvement, especially the jump animation when you're aiming), improved looting, and nicer FX.

Oh, cars and motorbikes too :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Back on FO4 Modding.

Currently updating, it should take me the week to have something at least up-to-date with the current official version. First focus is the UI, then finishing optimisation/post-processing (the ENB+ReShade combination currently needed make it a bit complex).

I also wanted to state that I spent the day reviewing mods releases I "missed" during those last months and I really don't regret I went back to Skyrim... I hope CK's release will lead to mods that aren't vulgar copy of mods from older games or random (usually skimpy) additions to the armory. Only decent upload from past month was the cigarette smoking mod and a buggy cover-system overhaul :/ 

Edited by Kesta

What does the cutom control map do?

Sorry about changing the subject guys :blush:

Allow for proper rebinding of the control keys. The vanilla configuration is extremely restrictive, and buggy for non-qwerty users.

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch by Unofficial Patch Project Team 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598/?

Yeah, saw that even almost before the nexus release because I'm hanging around afkmods, but this is is a beta patch made with a beta tool for a beta version of the game, gonna wait a bit :P

Do you have any idea when you are going to push v2? I really cant wait to start modding :)

Not before modding is "officially supported" (that should be after the next official update of the game and the release of the CK), nor before MO2 is fully functional (just have a peak at how to install the optional files from Langley's workshop with NMM... a full blown guide with this kind of instructions is just not maintainable).

And of course, not before I've completed everything and played enough with it, which will also take time :P

Yeah, saw that even almost before the nexus release because I'm hanging around afkmods, but this is is a beta patch made with a beta tool for a beta version of the game, gonna wait a bit :P

Not before modding is "officially supported" (that should be after the next official update of the game and the release of the CK), nor before MO2 is fully functional (just have a peak at how to install the optional files from Langley's workshop with NMM... a full blown guide with this kind of instructions is just not maintainable).

And of course, not before I've completed everything and played enough with it, which will also take time :P

Aah, you were talking about last weekend so I got ahead of myself :)

Aah, you were talking about last weekend so I got ahead of myself :)

Yep, but that was before family decided to take me on an unexpected weekend ^^ and also because I expected the CK release last week, and the tools updates following quickly after from the euphory that should emerge from it ^^

Your guide is wrong. There's not any rock textures worth recommending.  ::P: Seriously though Bethesda's are perfect already bar the meshes. Wait... Did I just complement Bethesda?  :O_o:

Most of their terrain and road textures are not beaten also. Agh help!